Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Will the NCT fail my car over this.

Options
  • 27-07-2008 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

My car has been off the road for the past year with a coolant leak. Due to my busy work schedule, I just recently managed to find some time to try and fix it. The heating matrix was leaking engine coolant on to the passenger side floor. For the past week I have been trying to take out the dashboard so I could remove the heating matrix and replace it. I failed to do so and decided to bypass the heating matrix from the engine side by connecting the inlet pipe to the outlet pipe. This stopped the leak and not the car is working fine, albeit, without any heater now.

My question is, would the NCT accept this quick fix, or would they fail the car?

The NCT test is due in two months time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

won't affect it at all.

winter is coming though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭phillo

Thanks Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

nopers only looking for safety aspects of the car, good luck though

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

magick wrote: »
    nopers only looking for safety aspects of the car, good luck though