Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost to install approx 3 m steel support beam

Options
  • 01-03-2015 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    i am removing a load bearing wall in a terraced house in Dublin. We have structural engineers plans detailing the installation of a 3 m cranked 6 inch UC BEAM to support the joists of the floor above. It will have to have a 'crank' ie right angle down one foot and then a right angle turn back level to go under one of the top steps on the stairs and Into a concrete wall. I hope this is clear.

I'm wondering what the approximate cost would be and any other relevant issues that may arise. Any relevant info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

please read the forum charter before posting in C&P again. there will be NO 'blind' internet structural advice. answer the OP's question on cost only. Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mm2020

The structural engineer has planned that it be 152UC23 fixed with. 12mm chemical anchors to the party wall, not resting upon it. It's an internal wall. Removing a block wall of a small bathroom downstairs to open up the space to a larger room.

Presuming the size of the beam is correct I' m trying to get a handle on how much cost/work to do the basic installation not including finishing the tiling/ plastering/ painting etc. just the structural work. What it would cost to get a beam with two right angles made and out in.

Thanks for the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

Around €350 for the steel and fabrication

Advertisement