Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The classification and coding system for Irelands construction industry?

• 28-02-2015 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Thought this forum would be the best for the answer rather than the Construction & Planning.

I've 2 questions which are loosely related.

I'm currently in New Zealand and they use a classification system called CBI (Co-ordinated Building Information) which is use to classify area's of work. It uses a 4 digit system.

An example would be.

3 Structure
    31 Concrete
    311 Formwork and reinforcement for concrete
    3111 Formwork for insitu concrete

I've noticed that Revit's UK Content uses the CAWS (Common Arrangement of Work Sections) to organise it's content.

My first question is what is the standard classification system in Ireland?
    Do we follow CAWS with Lettering A-Z to denote Sections of work?

My Second question is what software is used in Ireland for specification writing? An online resource or an addition for Microsoft Office Word?

I'm planning on returning to Ireland later this year but have not yet worked in a Practice (In Ireland) so trying to get my head around some things before I return.

Cheers,

Comments

Advertisement