Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop request

Options
  • 03-06-2015 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking for some information, I am looking for a cheap laptop for college, general use.

Less than 300€, must have Windows 7/8.1, SSD and a good chip. I have been looking around and having no joy.

I do want an SSD have one on computer I built last year and I won't be going back to HDD!

Anyone point me in the correct direction? Could move on the 300€ budget maybe stretch 400€.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's very small money, you'd have to settle for a basic Pentium/Celeron based laptop and add your own SSD. Which is fine as long as it's only for web browsing, movies, that sort of thing.

You're not going to get a 'decent' processor and SSD in a new laptop for €300 or even close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

That's very small money, you'd have to settle for a basic Pentium/Celeron based laptop and add your own SSD. Which is fine as long as it's only for web browsing, movies, that sort of thing.

You're not going to get a 'decent' processor and SSD in a new laptop for €300 or even close.

That's fair, what type of money, where can I look to find something decent? I seen someone mention AMD chips are crap in laptops? I have only ever used them in my desktop builds and never had any issues. Kinda why I am more confused, as the Intel Chips are new to me, I assume i5/i7 are decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Looks good ! I don't mind second hand been honest.

Would these laptops be on sale on Adverts much ? I would maybe looking to pick one up for the start of July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TallGlass wrote: »
    Would these laptops be on sale on Adverts much ? I would maybe looking to pick one up for the start of July.

I see them all the time, it's a struggle to remind myself I don't NEED a 2nd laptop ;)

I see them all the time, it's a struggle to remind myself I don't NEED a 2nd laptop ;)

Will pick one up next month so :pac:

Advertisement