Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this decent value?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What kind of programming? Generally you wont need much spec at all to do a lot of programming....

It's decent, nothing too amazing. Big heavy machine, with a low resolution screen, and mediocre battery life. It does have a beefy processor and just above average ram however.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭JohnPPP

What kind of programming? Generally you wont need much spec at all to do a lot of programming....

It's decent, nothing too amazing. Big heavy machine, with a low resolution screen, and mediocre battery life. It does have a beefy processor and just above average ram however.

Backend stuff. Eclipse etc :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

JohnPPP wrote: »
    Backend stuff. Eclipse etc :)

Don't worry too much about having an i7 and oddles of RAM. Pretty much an intel i processor will do you. Plump for better screen if you can.

Don't worry too much about having an i7 and oddles of RAM. Pretty much an intel i processor will do you. Plump for better screen if you can.

Hmmm. Can't find anything better than this atm though. Maybe an i5 with a SSD or something

See I've already had an i3 so want to go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why not invest in an SSD + RAM upgrade instead?

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Why not invest in an SSD + RAM upgrade instead?

I'm not mad about the idea of messing about with laptop parts, stupid I know. Still haven't found anything :(

Advertisement