Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone ever get their Free Rules of the Road ?

Options
  • 29-06-2007 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

It just came to mind that back a few months ago we were promised a free copy of the Rules of the road by the government. Has anybody actually received it yet? Or was it just a PR story for a quiet news day.

RTE story:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0321/roadsafety.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

this is ireland, kid! we might be happy if it arrives within this decade!

i've seen it for sale in easons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope, had forgotten 'bout that.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,287 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Aparently they are due in the Autumn.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

just download it from http://www.rsa.ie/

for drivers , the Govt/councils could send it out with next car tax reminder
    for kids, they could be distributed through schools / universities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 passdump

No, I don't actually want the book. I was curious if it was all just a crazy idea that the government dreamt up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

€4 in bookshops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Nope, i had to buy my own in Easons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 passdump

I sent an email to the Road Safety Authority and they said:

"Thank you for contacting the Road Safety Authority. It is the Irish Insurance Federation who are providing each household in the country with a free copy of the Rules of the Road. It is hoped that these copies will be circulated by late summer, possibly in September."

So it looks like it wasn't a government conspiracy after all !! :D

Advertisement