Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good places to buy an iPhone 5c

Options
  • 09-11-2014 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi guys,

With Christmas coming up I've begun scouting out somewhere to buy a green iPhone 5c for the girlfriend. At this point in time I'm going to be buying directly from the online apple store for €399.

I've looked elsewhere, like ebay and amazon etc. but everywhere seems pretty dear compared to buying from Apple directly. My main requirements are that the device is completely new, unlocked and with a full apple warranty. The memory of the device isn't important, 8GB is perfectly fine.

Any advice our guidance would be great!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Just buy from apple. it's the only place where you get peace of mind from as well. No shop on eBay/Amazon can give you that. You're buying a premium phone, sit back, relax and enjoy the experience. Buying from eBay, Amazon etc is more stressful in my opinion (what happens if eBay shop is bogus, take ages to ship, or generally just fool you around?).

Be wary though, 8GB may not be perfectly fine, the phone does have an 8GB chip on it, but when you account for the OS and system apps it's 4.9GB before you even put third party apps or install iOS 8 (if it's not there already) which requires 4GB alone during the install process (you get most of this back but still)...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Karlrocks23

Just buy from apple. it's the only place where you get peace of mind from as well. No shop on eBay/Amazon can give you that. You're buying a premium phone, sit back, relax and enjoy the experience. Buying from eBay, Amazon etc is more stressful in my opinion (what happens if eBay shop is bogus, take ages to ship, or generally just fool you around?).

Be wary though, 8GB may not be perfectly fine, the phone does have an 8GB chip on it, but when you account for the OS and system apps it's 4.9GB before you even put third party apps or install iOS 8 (if it's not there already) which requires 4GB alone during the install process (you get most of this back but still)...

Thank you. Seems like solid advice. I would prefer to just pack full whack instead of cutting corners and getting screwed over for like 40 euro off or whatever! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Thank you. Seems like solid advice. I would prefer to just pack full whack instead of cutting corners and getting screwed over for like 40 euro off or whatever! :)
    preaching to the choir here. the amount of effort some people go to just to save a couple of quid is unreal. my health and my time is worth more than the time and stress caused by trying to save a couple of quid.

Advertisement