Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda night vans

Options
  • 31-01-2015 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭

Hi I was on Ratoath to dunshaughlin road R125 there was a Garda speed van in it usually spot.when I went by it the van flash red is this to calculate the speed you going or did I get fined I was going 63 kmph.im pretty sure it 80km after you go by Ratoath a cording to speed sign can anybody help me thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

There's often a reflection of your own headlights off the lenses. You think for a second that you've been flashed. I've noticed it a few times and never got any surprises in the post as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

There's often a reflection of your own headlights off the lenses. You think for a second that you've been flashed. I've noticed it a few times and never got any surprises in the post as a result.

It won't be my headlights would the backligths cause that to I was going pass the van.The back of the van light up red Im hoping it just to calculate speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I pass a speed camera van at around 3am quite regularly on my way home.
    Seen a red flash from it loads of times when well under the speed limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They use an Infrared flash, seen it before like a tiny red flash, then the ticket came a couple of weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

CJhaughey wrote: »
    They use an Infrared flash, seen it before like a tiny red flash, then the ticket came a couple of weeks later.

Do the Garda van's have access to ANPR? Would be handy to catch tax dodgers if they can reference the database as vehicles pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I wasn't speeding can't understand it hope I don't .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭blade1

rob808 wrote: »
    I wasn't speeding can't understand it hope I don't .

I don't think you have anything to worry about so.

Advertisement