Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Irish licence v UK Penalty Points

Options
  • 31-01-2015 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Moved to the UK in September last, I have a full Irish licence and thinking of buying a car here in the UK. Just out of curiosity I'm wondering what would happen if someone with an Irish licence gets pulled over/pass a speed camera for e.g. exceeding the limit, would that person receive a fixed penalty notice along with points or just fine?

How about bringing the car on UK plates into Ireland and passed a GATSO van exceeding the speed limit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

With an EU licence, residing in the UK, on UK roads (as I do) speeding is an automatic summons to court. You will be required to fill out a D9 form (this thing) which is a basic skeleton licence which you use with your Irish one and will be where all further points go. Rack up 12 (think it's 12) and you're off the road.

Advertisement