Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non bitter lager

• 24-11-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭

I'm not really a lager drinker but I recently tried Desparados which I thought was very nice, mainly because it doesn't have the same bitterness of most lagers. I was just wondering are there any lagers that are similar to this that aren't too bitter?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Desperados is more an alcopop than a beer. There are various knock-offs of it available, like Salito's. For something sweet that's actually a beer, you could try Blue Moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Blue Moon sounds interesting. Do they sell it in Tesco?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

of stuff generally available miller is not bitter at all.
    If looking for proper beer, then a Munich type helles lager is not bitter (so Spaten or Fischers probably all you'll find in Ireland), and amazingly Harp would be also along this line and worth a try if you see it.

If really stuck, then just get a splash of lemonade into a lager beer and you'll sweeten it up. Even in Germany I've had to do this to mask the taste of sh1te beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Agree, Helles is a very drinkable version of lager. A proper Radler might suit also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭donaghs

How about a fairly tasteless Mexican beer like Sol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

You could also try the absurdly titled Sombrero, which is Aldi's alcopop beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Also, I can't recall which is sweeter, Tyskie or Zywiec, but I don't think either would be classed as bitter. I think Tysike is sweeter, but it's a while since I have had a can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Budweiser, the Czech one is sweet too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Budweiser, the Czech one is sweet too.

Budweiser is the most bitter one I've tasted. I think its horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Budweiser is the most bitter one I've tasted. I think its horrible.

Presume he meant Budvar which is called Budweiser in the Czech Republic.

Brahma is another lager that isn't bitter. Not really for a session, decent with food though.

Advertisement