Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UGC - You tight gits!

• 24-03-2005 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

:lol:

I was in the same situ last year, but they wouldn't cancel the card unless I had for at least a year!

So I cleared out my account, so when the next month's debit didn't go through, and they were quick enough about cancelling my card:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

smiaras wrote:

You might still use it.

I think they have a fair idea of the incompedent monkeys they have working for them, and release they're not going to check each card.

I had a temp card while I waited for mine, main card arrived, gave temp card to mate, he used it for six months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

In all fairness Dearg, as far as I'm aware it is a 12 month contract. You're the one breaking it, not them, so technically you were in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

yeah if only there were some sort of rules laid out when you were subscribing, terms and conditions perhaps :rolleyes:
    8. Cancellation of the Subscription by the Subscriber

8.5. In all cases the Subscriber must return his or her card to the Subscription Department within five working days from expiry of the notice period. Failure to do so will mean the Subscriber or the Payer is liable to pay an amount equal to 1/15 of the current monthly subscription fee for each day of delay, without prejudice to any other action that UGC may take. No refund of any excess may be made until the card has been returned. If cancellation takes place with one month’s notice during a subsequent subscription period and the subscription fee has been paid in full, the Subscription Department will refund the excess amount.

i'm only pointing this out because i get burned by angry customers every single day, who think it's outrageous that the company i work for enforce the terms and conditions they never bothered reading.
    *rant mode off*

anyway, you're lucky thay let you cancel, in the t&c's is says you have to have a reason like a long stay in hospital etc..

and yes, i agree, it does suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Advertisement
Advertisement