Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What we need is a good war like what they had back in olden days

Options
  • 24-04-2013 2:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

Think of the positives.

Total 100% employment for our young men.
    Massive kickstart to manufacturing across Europe.
    Huge boost for agricultural nations.
    Worrisome youths learning some discipline.

Now I appreciate there are some downsides but it would give Europe the shot in the arm it needs.
    What say you to my masterplan ?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Rabidlamb wrote: »

Soapy tit ****

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

anncoates wrote: »
    Soapy tit ****

Yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Nothing says economic freedom like 'massive war debt'. Woohoo!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

You need to send it to North Korea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Captain Bullshít to the rescue once again.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Don't forget that we could use it as an excuse to wipe out scumbags by putting them on the front line...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

But there are always huge leaps made in technological development & medicine during wartime. I say bring it on, start a war with Madagascar, kick some penguin butt & cure cancer, ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

smash wrote: »
    Don't forget that we could use it as an excuse to wipe out scumbags by putting them on the front line...

Operation Human Shield

Pretty much like how ordinary joe public is for the banks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Don't forget that we could use it as an excuse to wipe out scumbags by putting them on the LUAS line...

I'd prefer it that way, we don't even need a war then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I was thinking only the other night that heads of state should have to lead their country's army; like they did in the old days.

I'd pay cash to watch the queen of England charge into battle, broadsword clutched in one wizened hand, yelling "Have at thee, varlot!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

anncoates wrote: »
    Soapy tit ****

Oh go on then, I take it both of us are handsomely attractive

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Arcsin

Think of the positives.

Total 100% employment for our young men.
    Massive kickstart to manufacturing across Europe.
    Huge boost for agricultural nations.
    Worrisome youths learning some discipline.

Now I appreciate there are some downsides but it would give Europe the shot in the arm it needs.

Europe gets a shot in the arm, some non white peasants somewhere get shot in the head, just like the good old days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Arcsin wrote: »
    Europe gets a shot in the arm, some non white peasants somewhere get shot in the head, just like the good old days.

Ah now, the day's of racial inequality are long gone.....peasants of all race, colour & creed to be shot in the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

kylith wrote: »
    I was thinking only the other night that heads of state should have to lead their country's army; like they did in the old days.

I'd pay cash to watch the queen of England charge into battle, broadsword clutched in one wizened hand, yelling "Have at thee, varlot!"

Bad idea, we need a topless Kate and Pippa Middleton leading the charge. Guaranteed victory as the other lot will be too busy taking pics to sell to the tabloids to do any fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Genius !!

Ireland can choose to not get involved in another WW and (probably) back another eventual loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

IceFjoem wrote: »

We have "massive bank debt" anyway and nothing to show for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Great idea. I can't possibly see how anything could go wrong.

I'll start:

FRANCE, YOU'RE A BUNCH OF ****

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Think of the positives.

also the ever popular "whole generation of scroungers and troublemakers wiped out":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Show me where to sign you up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Hungrycol wrote: »
    We have "massive bank debt" anyway and nothing to show for it.

The debt from an out and out European war would dwarf our current bank debt...having said that, I'd say we could probably give Monaco or The Vatican a run for their money - especially rewarding too if we managed to find all that filthy Vatican gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Ah we cant have a war because when the future Oliver Stone goes to make a movie about it what music from today would he use for the soundtrack? Justin Bieber and One Direction? T'wud be a box office flop. For that reason alone there be no war.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Bad idea, we need a topless Kate and Pippa Middleton leading the charge. Guaranteed victory as the other lot will be too busy taking pics to sell to the tabloids to do any fighting.

Yeah, the country will grow.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭The_Nipper_One

Broken window fallacy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

IceFjoem wrote: »

Seems to be working for America...

Wars also focus the nation to one cause. That way people find something to do with their lives than just sitting on their lazy arse moaning all the time.

But what happens when all the scumbags get wiped out?
    Do we then become the next "scumbags" in line??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

That reminds me, what the f**k happened with north korea? That was some damp squib

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Arcsin

Seems to be working for America...

Wars also focus the nation to one cause. That way people find something to do with their lives than just sitting on their lazy arse moaning all the time.

There was supposed to be a big drop in suicide rates, especially among men, during wars. It gave people a purpose, killing other people ironically.

Arcsin wrote: »
    There was supposed to be a big drop in suicide rates, especially among men, during wars. It gave people a purpose, killing other people ironically.

There's nothing that excites us more than the potential of being killed or killing someone else!
    We humans thrive on violence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

Do you remember the good old days of having a good ole black out at 6pm and not eating for a week? . Pepperbridge Farm remembers...

Advertisement