Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, the busy season is about to start

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I think it's a pretty poor couple of months ahead. A case of lots of Quantity but not alot of Quality.

Will probably pick up Dishonored if it turns out to be decent and maybe X-Com. That's it really but not too bothered. Loving Torchlight2 at the moment and have Borderlands2, just waiting for 2 friends to pick it up and get the co-op goodness going.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Man I've been waiting for a proper x-com since terror from the deep, if natural selection II is as good as the original I'll get it. In the mean time borderlands2 and torchlight2 are keeping me plenty ocuppido.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

This week I got Madden, NHL, pro evo, F1, Sherlock Holmes, Rocksmith. LBP vita.

Coming up ill get MOH, Borderlands 2, dishonored, Xcom, need for speed, black ops 2, black ops vita. Far cry, ac3 and prob a few more I've forgotten.
    Is that any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Dead or Alive 5 is out today.
    Resident evil 6 is out the 2nd.
    Dishonored is out the 12th.
    So is Pokemon black/white 2
    Dark Souls prepare to die is out the 26th.
    Football manager 2013 is out 2nd November.
    Hitman is the 20th.
    and Mass effect trilogy too, there is loads I want this year, but its the first year I am truly broke and so will have to settle for one or two
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Dishonoured is top of the list,

Ass 3,

Hitman absolution ( heard very good things about this from people who have played it)

And maybe Xcom later in the year.

Others ill pick up cheap will be:

Far cry 3

F1 2013

Warfighter, which will drop in price quick.

May wait for Halo 4 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Picked up in the last 2/3 weeks:

Mass Effect 3
    F1 2012
    PES 2013
    Binary Domain
    Spec Ops The Line
    Borderlands 2

Going to buy:
    AC3 Freedom Edition
    Bioshock Infinite (2013 release)
    Hitman (maybe)
    FM 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wade_barrett

ive been counting down the days for the new hitman since the last game ! its been a long wait , also gonna get halo4 and wwe13

Picked up Binary Domain, Sonic Generations and Hitman Blood Money this week. Got them all for about €40. Played the first hour of Binary Domain its a bit odd but enjoyable nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I might just plop down some hardly-earned cash on Paper Mario: Sticker Story (it's going back to turn-based, which is brilliant), and one of the Special Pikachu 3DS yolkies. Mostly, to be honest, to save spending a massive premium on them second-hand in six years time.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I might just plop down some hardly-earned cash on Paper Mario: Sticker Story (it's going back to turn-based, which is brilliant), and one of the Special Pikachu 3DS yolkies. Mostly, to be honest, to save spending a massive premium on them second-hand in six years time.

If you get a Pikachu one though you can never pull it out in public for fear of total embarrassment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

GTR63 wrote: »
    If you get a Pikachu one though you can never pull it out in public for fear of total embarrassment.

I live in a relatively civilized part of the world, where we insult people for perfectly reasonable and valid reasons. Like, for example, owning an awesome Pikachu 3DS and being afraid to whip it out in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

XCOM is the big one currently on my radar, didn't know anything about the franchise when it was first announced but big fan of Firaxis, and have read up a bit on the older XCOM games so now pretty excited.

Dishonoured will be a 'wait and see' for me.

Won't buy FIFA (i know it's out already) but will likely play a good bit of it over the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I live in a relatively civilized part of the world, where we insult people for perfectly reasonable and valid reasons. Like, for example, owning an awesome Pikachu 3DS and being afraid to whip it out in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Natural Selection 2's release date is "October". Its October. I want it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Waiting for reviews for Dishonored and XCOM. Dishonored strikes me as a game that could be available on the cheap pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

looks like i will be almost completely skiping on "gaming season" this year. I still got so many games i havent even installed from steam, so buying new games will be just a waste. i better wait for price drops and steam sales.

borderlands 2 + EVE online has taken my attention for some time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

danthefan wrote: »
    Waiting for reviews for Dishonored and XCOM. Dishonored strikes me as a game that could be available on the cheap pretty quickly.

pretty high score on the first review i've read for XCOM so far,
    9.5 / 10
    http://www.gameinformer.com/games/xcom_enemy_unknown/b/xbox360/archive/2012/10/05/review.aspx

there's a decent video there too that shows new footage of a terror mission, though the reviewers are playing it like they're bored of it already which is a bit worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Dishonored and Hitman, both pre-ordered. I dunno about Halo I liked the first three but shooters are so boring these days I don't even bother researching them anymore.
    If torchlight comes on xbox i'll get that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Surprised we haven't had reviews for dishonored yet, its out on friday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

cloud493 wrote: »
    Surprised we haven't had reviews for dishonored yet, its out on friday.

Think pretty much every Bethesda published game has had a very late review embargo dates over the past few years unfortunately.

EDIT: has been one leaked cvg review actually, since pulled which gave it 9.5, I think it is gonna be a great game. Here's hoping anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement