Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using PS3 Controller for Serious Sam 3

Options
  • 05-10-2012 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Well lads, any of ye go ahead and purchase this game? I must say, I am enjoying it at the moment.

However, is there any way to get a ps3 controller to work with the game? I would love to play 2-player split screen using 2 ps3 controllers.

I have searched the web for hours, all there seems to be out there is a fix for a 360 controller or other 3rd party controllers?

Any help would be great,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You might have to use something like joy2key to convert the PS3 input into keystrokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

I use motioninjoy and select xbox360 for the controller settings (seems to work better than the ps3 controller settings), and if the game doesn't support a controller i use xpadder to map keys to the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

thanks lads, I will give it a go. This should work for 1 player game but unfortunately, still wont work for a 2 player game as it only allows one keyboard per each player :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Maybe you can find a keyboard emulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

is it Split screen on the pc? If it is should detect the 2nd gamepad.

Motionjoy is decent except for the ads which annoy me.

• Advertisement

Yeah dreamers75, its split screen for PC. the game supports 4-player, but the game doesn't support a ps3 controller (usb) I also have a ps2 to usb adapter which works for must games, but not SS3.

I know there must be a way around it, just trying to figure it out :D

5uspect wrote: »
    Maybe you can find a keyboard emulator.

I havent gone down this route, I might just check it out, thanks dude

Hey lads, just to let you know got it sorted. Used motionjoy to emulate the PS3 controller as a 360 one. Thanks :D

Advertisement