Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options
  • 07-07-2014 12:27pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out what kinds of housing supply is likely to become available in Maynooth in the next year or so. Anyone any insights on this?

From what I can see, there is a new phase at Castlepark on the Dunboyne Road to be launched in the autumn (13 detached and 8 semi-detached); a small development of four detached houses on the Celbridge Road near Griffin Rath which his just starting; and possibly more to come from Moyglare Hall - but I'm not sure about that.

Any more in the works?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Planning has had an application for renewal for one of the developments opposite Tesco - 151 houses. That doesn't guarantee much though. The adjoining field (closer to the town) has permission for about 140, mostly apartments; expiring in 2015 as far as I know.

MYOB wrote: »
    Planning has had an application for renewal for one of the developments opposite Tesco - 151 houses. That doesn't guarantee much though. The adjoining field (closer to the town) has permission for about 140, mostly apartments; expiring in 2015 as far as I know.

Thanks MOYB. 151 houses?! That would be fairly significant.

My interest here is in when additional housing supply might arrive on the market. I've seen a couple of bidding wars lately over the very limited number of family homes that come up.

Hopefully that will ease a bit if a couple of dozen houses come to market before Christmas and there is further development next year. Should take some of the panic out of the market.

(No doubt there are enough buyers out there to absorb extra supply)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's planning for more than just those; I just personally think those are most likely to go ahead soon

There's also planning for houses between Griffin Rath and Lidl but they need to build part of the ringroad to build those; and longer term plans for a huge number of houses along the proposed ringroad section from the Celbridge Road to Blacklion - both of these would be less attractive propositions to a developer due to the costs involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Castlepark, Newtown hall, griffith rath and moyglare hall still to be completed. Site across from castlepark recently acquired sans planning permission for around 2mln.

Advertisement