Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cabinpac

I do not know anything about them and even after looking at their web site I don't know much more, A "free book" worth €50 with only details of 50 wild campsites in Ireland - who would pay €50 for this? Also no contact address or phone numbers!
    Frank

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

The fact that no contact names or nos. are detailed would be big concern of mine too !! Also in the gallery no place names or names of the pubs in question detailed. Strange :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 irishmotorhome

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you. My name is Nigel and i am the new creator of the website

www.irishmotorhomeclub.ie which has been mentioned on this board.

I have setup the club to bring people together and i am so please to at long last get some feedback about the website, i did not want to post anything on the boards about the website because it could have been misconstrued as spam, but now that people are talking on here I feel that surly the boards will let me respond and give me the opportunity to find out what people would like from the club.

1st. I note that you all have concerns about the Address the address is on the website but you don’t get it until you start the sign up process. I will change that today and thank you for pointing that out to me, sometime you can stand too close to something when you are working on it for days.

2nd. What you get for becoming a member? Well you get the following a Monthly News Letter, A copy of the Ultimate Wild Camping Guide Which has 100 free places that you can park a motorhome overnight, Two free nights camping at the annual meeting which includes entertainment on both days, lastly you get a 10% reduction from our mail order Catalogue which will be reprinted in the spring.

So I feel this is value for €30 by postal order and only €25 if you use a card though PayPal.

Whilst on the retail price of the Ultimate Wild Camping Guide at €50 I have priced it that way so that none members can still buy it from other places but of course I would like to see it go to members only really, I would like to assure you that the guide tuck me months to put together and it is 100 places that you will have a good crack! And all have GRP information so you can find them is seconds also there are place that will get your Electric for free overnight. I did this because I could not find anywhere that i could get this information from like I would have found in France or Spain.

Anyhow Please, Please do take this new club for what it is a new club that is trying to bring people together and have fun in our motorhomes, but please keep the feedback coming so that I can build something that the members will like and enjoy so thank you so much for your thoughts.

One last note to the mediators of the boards.ie, I will note post spam about the website I will only answer people questions and concerns about the club website so please don’t ban me for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

One last note to the mediators of the boards.ie, I will note post spam about the website I will only answer people questions and concerns about the club website so please don’t ban me for this.

Hi Nigel

Welcome to boards. You are indeed welcome to answer any questions about your new club/website (and to participate in the forum, of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Well good luck with it Nigel. Now that you have "come out" I hope the feedback to your new club will be
    very positive.:)

• Advertisement

Firstly Thank you again for your input,

And just a short note to say that the recommended changes have been uploaded. We now have our address on each page...

Thank you and please keep it coming.

I am think that the front page needs work to but, i cannot think of what i should put on it to get people to want to look around the site more..

Any thoughts would be fantastic

Nigel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I'd also like to wish good luck to the club and wish the club every success.

A couple of suggestions I'd like to make:

Perhaps you could detail how many members you have as the club grows.
    While I don't necessarily want to be part of the "biggest" club in the country, I'd like to part of a club that has a good mix of members.

I've been a member of clubs in the past that are run almost in secrecy with no communications, AGMs, financial results, input from members etc etc. It might be good to outline how the club will be run.

Perhaps an invitation to a camping event to see how the club is run. I know of one club that opens to non members for a "try before you buy". We've discussed here before about a meet up among boards members. Here's your chance:)

Within our membership we are giving you a free weekends camping at the summer event with all the entertainment in the evenings include which will be live music and alike.

At our first meeting in Easter we are intending to have a meeting with the members to decide on which charity we are going to support also if any of the members would like to take an active part in the running of the club from then on there will be an annual AGM.

Non Members would be very welcome to come to an event before becoming full members.

Number of members of the club whilst i feel that this is defiantly something we should do in the future at this point we have 9 members and i am worried that such a small membership number would put people off from joining but please remember the club has only been running for 8 days.

I would love to organise an event for people from the Boards if that is something that people would like to do please let me Know if anyone else would like this to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

just a nagging moderator remark ...please stick to standard fonts and sizes, thx

I guess that happened because i cut and paste from word..
    I will have to keep an eye on that from here in:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Best wishes with the new club

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

I have looked over the site from top to bottom, and while I welcome the formation of clubs that have interests akin to my own,it seems to come across as a commercial enterprise rather than a union of like minded people. Now I know I'm a born sceptic and that colours my attitude, so I will wait awhile and see how things pan out. So I wish you good luck..........b;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

boyoh wrote: »
    I have looked over the site from top to bottom, and while I welcome the formation of clubs that have interests akin to my own,it seems to come across as a commercial enterprise rather than a union of like minded people. Now I know I'm a born sceptic and that colours my attitude, so I will wait awhile and see how things pan out. So I wish you good luck..........b;):)

haven't we seen this wild camping book for sale here before,€50 for the book or join the club and you can have the book,
    one thing that always gets an interest is free stuff not much of that going round here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

What kind of things are in the catalog? Is it available to non-members? If not, you can't really offer members a discount. Of course, it'd make good business sense to sell to everyone, more customers means more money for the club. How do you get your hands on a copy? Is it gonna be available online?

Another point, either I need new glasses or the writing on the Membership Form is very small. Actually, it's both. :P
    Anyway, might wanna fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I'm liking the idea of a new club,

I don't think €30 membership is unfair,seen as you also get the'wildcamping' guide included. The pricing for intended events does seem costly and quite restricting. For us a family they wouldn't suit us,would much prefer a cheaper and more informal get together.

Good luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Might be that I am not getting it, but why would anybody want to join a club for info on wild camping. The last thing Camper owners need in this country,where Campers are increasingly Not welcome, is large numbers congregating and inflaming an already heated situation.
    Unfortunately this is not France and ordinary Irish people do not understand fully who or what we really are.
    Now, a club with an Aim of educating Councillors, TD's or the general public about the need for Aires etc and prepared to devote itself to that goal would be bebeficial to all Camper Van owners but thats not what this seems to be.
    For me it sounds commercial and will only provide a dis-service to the majority of Campers.

Advertisement