Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food in Mungret Co. Limerick

Options
  • 04-05-2017 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi there, not sure if this is the correct section (apologies if not) but couldn't find the right one...

I am looking for some place to have few drinks and some food in Mungret Co. Limerick - does anyone live nearby to recommend any pubs / restaurants?

I saw the Westward Ho pub/restaurant the other day but it seem to be closed? (not sure why...) also there is some pub across the road from this one but again seems closed?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

i don't think there's a whole lot in Mungret to be honest, but Dooradoyle/Raheen is about 5 minutes in the road and there are plenty places there to choose from. You might get more replies if you posted this in the 'Limerick' forum I think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

OP - I've moved this into the Limerick forum for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Russells at the end of Fr. Russell Road or Off the Bone in the South Court are probably your best bet - Russels is Celtic Tiger superpub grub fare (I've eaten once and it was nice though), the place in the South Court hotel is new.

You've also Lana (Asian food options) in the little shopping complex next to the South Court also. Ryan's chipper is superb too if you just want a munch, fish supper all the way! I think there's a pizza place too in that complex and you've Delish also (sandwich place, more of a lunchtime establishment, still nice though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Come a little bit futher up and you've got

Alfies Bar and Restaurant in Ballycummin Village.

Fusions Restaurant on Dooradoyle Road

Collins Bar on Dooradoyle Road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

That indian in the southcourt hotel is lovely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

You can post a stamp in Mungret, and buy junkfood. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

There's also a credit union, dog groomers and hairdressers.
    Hopefully the Westward Ho will be opening again soon.

Advertisement