Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I bring an iphone into CompuB to get screen looked at?

Options
  • 01-11-2014 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I have what appears to be a single hairline crack in the screen of my iPhone 6 plus. Apple will replace this for free as its seen as a fault on their part, but incase its not a crack and just a scratch I was wondering if i could bring it to an authorised apple dealer like CompuB to get a professional opinion (even tho they don't sell iPhones), before I go to the bother of sending it off to apple!

Blessings

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There are no AASPs for iPhones in Ireland. Only Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The crowd that do repairs for apple are down a lane behind Camden St. Try bringing it in there...

*well they were there, before I had to go into exile

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Bluefoam wrote: »
    The crowd that do repairs for apple are down a lane behind Camden St. Try bringing it in there...

*well they were there, before I had to go into exile

That won't be authorised.

It was definitely authorised. I was sent there by apple and they did the repairs for free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

It was definitely authorised. I was sent there by apple and they did the repairs for free

I call porkies. If there was any authorised repair centre for iPhones in Ireland they would be listed on the Apple site.

• Advertisement

It wasn't an iPhone, it was an iPod... And don't call me a lier

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

It wasn't an iPhone, it was an iPod... And don't call me a lier

You did read the thread title didn't you, and the part where it was explained that iPhone's aren't serviced by any AASP in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭BMmeow

Thanks for the replies! I know theres no one authorised to repair iPhones here, I was just wondering who I could go to for a professional opinion about the screen before sending it off to apple! Don't want to send it off, only to have them send it back saying its just a scratch!

Advertisement