Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated PA system on the DART

Options
  • 26-11-2013 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭

I was on DART carriage 8125 this morning and I heard these two announcements while the train was to Malahide.

One said in a less than loud way "Please, Do not put your feet on the seats" after saying "This train is for .......Malahide, ........Mullach Ide".

And the other one said "Mind the Gap" which I heard four times today while the train was approaching every DART station after saying it's next one in English and Irish.

Can someone tell me what is the reason for this update to the PA system? It is going to be extended by IE to every other DART train in the fleet in the coming months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

What do you think the reason is?

I would think that the two phrases are fairly self-explanatory and don't need any elaboration.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The LUAS has had a few new automated announcements about letting people off the LUAS at busy stops over the last week or two as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭metrovick001

"Mind the gap"? Did somebody fall into the gap recently?
    I did hear this myself on a trip recently - the continual announcement did start to feel a bit silly after a while!

At one stage I think the "mind the gap" notice was only played at Tara Street and Connolly but it's at every station now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Also Seats are not for Feet Stickers Replaced with Feet on Seats €50 Fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Mind the gap"? Did somebody fall into the gap recently?
    I think it has happened a few times over the last few year and in one incident someone was seriously injured.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I remember a kid falling in when a large crowd were getting off at Tara. Someone instinctively just reached down and wrenched him straight back out. Very nearly a serious accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Is this going to be a gradual rollout of PA updates within the latest DART carriages such as the 8500's as I haven't been on them at all yesterday?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If they're doing PA upgrades, they could fix the 22k units that play interference noise instead of the Irish for Hansfield...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I heard at my local station "Please keep behind the yellow line" when said line is in fact white.

• Advertisement
Advertisement