Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Extender for ps3

Options
  • 03-11-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi All ,
    Not sure if im posting in the correct forum but here goes.
    I have a PS3 hooked up to he main TV in our house , I also have a smaller TV in the adjoining room . What I want to be able to do is play the PS3 on the smaller TV when the other TV is in use , what are my options here , i dont really want to get a long HDMI cable so Im looking for an extender of some time .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Are we to assume that you'll be lugging the PS3 into the other room when the main TV is in use? In which case you just need a spare HDMI cable of no more than 2-3m to use when you're on the other TV.

Or are you specifically thinking of playing movies off the PS3 so the console and TV don't necessarily have to be beside each other? In that case you can just go any buy a long HDMI cable, plenty of them on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

I dont want to have to move the PS3 each time or get an extra long HDMI cable im looking for other solutions

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Eminence

I think the only idea would be to extent the controller cables (use wired ones) to the other rooom with a switch downstairs. All you would have to do is bring the controllers with you, unless you have 4 then this could be prewired.

Advertisement