Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CPC CASE STUDIES

Options
  • 07-02-2010 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i did the cpc case studies exam, i looked on the rsa website,downloaded and studied the material given. is it just me or are the questions asked completely not related to the case study itself?i find its geared towards drivers already in the industry with in depth knowledge of all rules and regulations. how can a learner ever pass this stupid exam?! to add insult to injury they dont even provide where you went wrong exactly on the case study so how can you know where you went wrong?example john drives a tanker and crashes, what was the force that caused the tanker to roll over?very scientific isnt it!

any info on this would be helpful.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭ADI34722

andy13 wrote: »
    i did the cpc case studies exam, i looked on the rsa website,downloaded and studied the material given. is it just me or are the questions asked completely not related to the case study itself?i find its geared towards drivers already in the industry with in depth knowledge of all rules and regulations. how can a learner ever pass this stupid exam?! to add insult to injury they dont even provide where you went wrong exactly on the case study so how can you know where you went wrong?example john drives a tanker and crashes, what was the force that caused the tanker to roll over?very scientific isnt it!

any info on this would be helpful.

thanks

Hi Andy.

I have a truck instructor gonna come on under my login in awhile to talk you thru what you want to do for next time. He handles all the CPC training courses for full licence holders and also does our non-english prep for the exams your going for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭ADI34722

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055818093

There is a thread on this topic you might wanna read. Gonna update it with more info soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 FOREFC

I'M doing the CPC Case study exam next week has anyone got questions for the newest 3 case studies that was added in April 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sharpshooter murphy

Heh im doing my cpc multiple choice questions and case studies exam on tuesday the 21st of march, i bought the study material for the exam, it includes all the questions, it then has all the case studies in the back, does anyone know what type of questions they ask on the case study?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 assirem

hi to all just i passed recently my cpc case study was realy hard if anyone need help i have speciale dvd 2013 for all senarios it realy help no one has this dvd so any one nedd it contact me to my email wich is moh.gb@hotmail.co.uk thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 daveweidi

Hi i just failed my cpc truck case study today . i got 26 out of 45 and is there any one who has experience for this can tell me how to pass it will be very helpful or even a dvd ,

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

That sucks Dave :(. Have you read the CPC thread I created 3 years ago? There's plenty of information on the Case Studies that posters contributed.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055818093

I know Faith, tell me about it
    i did click the link you have on the other page and seem some error, page can not open

sorry guys i might asking a stupid question , i just want make it clear

i past my driving test for Full C Licence, and just past my cpc multiple question , failed on case study ,

is that means i still can not driving truck (i work for myself) ?

many thanks

daveweidi wrote: »
    sorry guys i might asking a stupid question , i just want make it clear

i past my driving test for Full C Licence, and just past my cpc multiple question , failed on case study ,

is that means i still can not driving truck (i work for myself) ?

many thanks

In what order did you do your cpc Dave? How I did it was:

1. Theory test for C licence
    2. MCQ
    3. Case Studies
    4. Lessons
    5. CPC Driving test
    6. CPC Practical test

Did you do a standard truck test without the any CPC tests post Sept '09?

BTW if truck driving is not the main role of your employment then you don't need CPC.

Exemptions

Driver CPC certification is not required for drivers of vehicles used:
    For non-commercial purposes, eg driving as a volunteer; drivers of emergency or rescue vehicles
    For a registered RSA approved Driving Instructors who are giving driving instruction
    In the course of someone’s work, provided that driving the vehicle is not the driver’s principal occupation, eg, a plumber using a light truck to transport their materials.
    Vehicles with a maximum speed not exceeding 45 km/h

• Advertisement

Hi Faith

first of all , thanks for reply and second of all , im new in this industry and i want to be a Recovery Truck driver ,
    the story was:
    i had my provisional C licence back to 4 yrs ago , and i did not do my driving test until last xmas, i past my driving test in finglas(full C licence) 2012 and bought a 7.5 tons recovery truck and i past my CPC multiple choices got score 95 out of 100
    failed on case study got 26 out of 45

1. Theory test for C licence (yes and passed i think it was in 2009 or 2010)
    2. MCQ (not sure what is it)
    3. Case Studies (failed on monday but rebooked next wednesday in NAAS)
    4. Lessons (not sure what is it)
    5. CPC Driving test (passed in Finglas xmas 2012)
    6. CPC Practical test (not too sure what is it)

SORRY MAN

just wondering : can i drive my truck without CPC or can i drive while i do my CPC ?

Thanks very much
    (by the way Faith, can i have your email address because only time i can see you is around evening and im kind of hurry to get answer from you)

my email address : daveweidi@hotmail.com

No problem Dave, it's a minefield this CPC thing for guys starting out! What you have to do to be legal on the road is:

1. Apply again and pass the Case Studies, you've already passed the MCQ(Multiple choice Questions)

2. Book the CPC practical test. All this entails is a show and tell with an RSA examiner. You'll need to either rent a truck for this or use your own, whatever suits. It's basically just common sense like "How would you check for illegals and What visual checks would you do every day" It's lasts for about 30mins and there's no driving involved. :)

3. The RSA examiner will then send your pass paperwork to the CPC crowd and they will be in touch with you. They'll send you a letter explaining what you have to do to get your CPC card. All I had to do was send 2 passport pics and copies of my MCQ & Case Studies to them. I recieved my card in the post 2 weeks later.

4. You are now CPC qualified. Just make sure you complete a module each year before the anniversary of passing your CPC practical. I passed mine in April so I normally do my CPC in March.

You can drive your truck without CPC if you are not recieving financial reward i.e Money. If you are then you need CPC otherwise if the Guards stop you and ask for your CPC Card/Certs then you're f*cked.

Hope this helps Dave.

Thanks Faith

i booked again for case study and you said about CPC practical test, where can i book this ?

daveweidi wrote: »
    Thanks Faith

i booked again for case study and you said about CPC practical test, where can i book this ?

If you go to rsa.ie and click apply for test. You should see cpc practical on the list, it costs around 50-60€.

Thanks Faith for your help , hopefully i can pass the case study next week .

Many thanks

Thanks Faith

i look though the Questions you and other guys post on this site , i have few questions i need ask you if you can help me

Case Study 1 (Gavin)

1:was the delivery arrival slot correct ?

2:what type of haulier was he ?

3:what was max width of his Vehicle (really confused how do i notice width of the truck the story never said any)

Case study 2 (Jim)

1:Question relating to know the truck handled after his first delivery was complete

2:what did the truck to have that prevented damage to infrastructure

Case study 3 (Graham)

1:over what size of load is a national road haulage operator licence required

2: correct way to load the 22 euro pallets with 24 spaces ( should light pallets in front near cab leave heavy at the back or opposite way?)

Case study 4 (Peter)

1:why did instruct people at the scene of accident

2:what did his employer have to obtain for him to travel to France

3:what info should be on consignment note ? (print name ???)

Case Study 5 (Larry)

1: over what weight of vehicle is a national road haulage operator ?

Case Study 6 (Robert)

1: which copy of the consignment note did Robert keep ?

2:how was Robert's truck effected by carrying light goods today in comparison to him carrying a full load of heavy ceramic ?

3: Question relating to carrying livestock in ireland

Case Study 7 (Brenda)

1: was Brenda right to plan her first break in Limerick ?

2: what did Brenda do to make sure her load was stable and secure for the journey

I know i post a lot of question, i really need help

Thanks

^^^^ It's very hard for me to answer them without the stories!:confused:

here is the link of case study (from page 89 onward)

http://www.theorytest.ie/english/cpc/CPC-multiple-choice.pdf

going to do my case study tomorrow morning , Best luck to me Guys

passed my case study for truck

thanks Faith

• Advertisement

any one have any suggest for the CPC PRACTICAL TEST (TRUCK/ ARCTIC)

do i need book any lesson for truck practical test ?

whats include and what way is the test works ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Warren1990

Hi Guys im new to this. I have passed my Truck Theory yesterday and the next step is the case study. Was wondering if anybody has any Sample questions or answers. Any help would be appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement