Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

doing c licence,what to expect from test?

Options
  • 16-03-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

ive just passed my cpc tests,have been taking lessons,waiting to do my test now,im a bit foggy on the procedure,i go to the test centre in my rented truck,tester comes out asks me some questions relating to walkaround check,height of truck,rules of the road etc,go out for the drive,

is this the procedure,i mean my question is,

how does the third cpc test tie in here,is it done after the driving test itself??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

bigbaz wrote: »
    ive just passed my cpc tests,have been taking lessons,waiting to do my test now,im a bit foggy on the procedure,i go to the test centre in my rented truck,tester comes out asks me some questions relating to walkaround check,height of truck,rules of the road etc,go out for the drive,

is this the procedure,i mean my question is,

how does the third cpc test tie in here,is it done after the driving test itself??

Just to clarify the rules of road section will be done in office then a few questions on pre service checks at the vehicle before actual driving test. The CPC test is a separate test after the driving test and is a Q&A on the dynamics of the vehicle in use and responsibilities of a driver in the working environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

Hey

Test day goes something like this - You go to the test centre, tester will call you in to check licence and ask you a few questions on rules of the road. The you go out for a drive (about 1 hour). Then you're required to take a short break before your CPC Practical exam (I took about 5 mins just to get out of the truck and stretch my legs a bit). Then you do your CPC Practical, he'll ask you questions regarding different aspects of truck driving and you give a few answers to each one. You have to get out of the truck and physically point out some of them i.e your daily walkaround checks and any places people or drugs could be smuggled.

Good luck with it, its not too bad, just try to relax on the day. All the answers for the CPC Practical are on the CPC exams topic here.

Any other questions feel free to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭mantua

ek motor wrote: »
    Hey

Test day goes something like this - You go to the test centre, tester will call you in to check licence and ask you a few questions on rules of the road. The you go out for a drive (about 1 hour). Then you're required to take a short break before your CPC Practical exam (I took about 5 mins just to get out of the truck and stretch my legs a bit). Then you do your CPC Practical, he'll ask you questions regarding different aspects of truck driving and you give a few answers to each one. You have to get out of the truck and physically point out some of them i.e your daily walkaround checks and any places people or drugs could be smuggled.

Good luck with it, its not too bad, just try to relax on the day. All the answers for the CPC Practical are on the CPC exams topic here.

Any other questions feel free to ask

+1, That is exactly what will happen. just make sure to have all the stuff learnt off, your instructor should give you all the questions and answers to be learning. The tester will ask you maybe 15 different questions and make sure to know atleast 3 different answers

Advertisement