Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using an old Eircom modem as wifi extender ?

Options
  • 23-09-2014 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi All
    some input here would be great if you don't mind. i decided not to go the homeplug route to extend my Wifi so this is what i want to do but cant seem to get it working as keep getting a page DSL not connected ".but speedtest says i am connected ?
    This is setup
    Eircom f1000 modem as main one and from the first LAN port i have a Cat5 cable running the length of house to the first LAN port a Eircom d1000 modem. i change the DHCP to disabled ?.
    what i need help is have i done everything right for it to work the best it can or have i missed steps ?
    as i said its working apart from some times the " DSL line is not connected " pops up
    regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

The DSL bit is bogus as you are not using the adsl port on the second router. Have you assigned an IP address to the second router which is in the range of your LAN ip addressing (e.g. 192.168.1.2) and have you assigned the gateway address in the second router to point to the IP address of your first router?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i lovewine

Thanks for the reply
    not to sure on how to proceed, will change the ip address on the second but not too sure on how to do the second change ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

The gateway option may not be available on your d1000, so go with assigning the unique ip address to the router and see if that helps.

Advertisement