Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game of Thrones

• 09-12-2015 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I should post this in the Sky forum or here... I caught up to the end of series 3 of Game of Thrones last night via Sky Box Sets. Series 4 was definitely there 2 weeks ago, but all series seem to be gone now. All that's left is part of series 1 and 5 in catchup tv.

Does anyone know a reason for this, and will they be coming back?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

Not sure if I should post this in the Sky forum or here... I caught up to the end of series 3 of Game of Thrones last night via Sky Box Sets. Series 4 was definitely there 2 weeks ago, but all series seem to be gone now. All that's left is part of series 1 and 5 in catchup tv.

Does anyone know a reason for this, and will they be coming back?

Thanks

As far as I know this was done to increase the sales of box sets in the run up to the Christmas period.

Shady but the dollar always wins in the Game of Thrones.

I'd imagine they will be back in the new year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭golfball37

From what I can gather Sky are advertising the whole saga as starting again this Saturday. I'd say set the series link and depending on how quickly they are showing them you'll be caught up in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fouro

With season 5 not available on boxset until March 2016 is Sky the only provider in Ireland to watch episode 1 - 10?

Enjoyed season 1-4 but missed all of season 5 and would like to watch it over the holidays.

Only episodes 9 and 10 are currently viewable on Sky and would prefer to watch all without spoilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

The Game Of Thrones box sets expired from Sky On Demand on the 30th November due to licencing reasons. Good News though, Game of Thrones S1-5 will be repeating every day from 19/12/15-04/01/16. This should keep you company as winter is coming!

Also, season 1-5 will be back as a box set on 15th March prior to season 6 starting on Monday 11th April 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Just wondering what's the best/cheapest way to access seasons 4 and 5? I have a loan of DVDs for seasons 1-3, but I'm nearing their end. I saw season 5 in the shops for 40euro :eek: I can get both seasons on amazon for about 50euro, but that's still pretty steep.

Are there any 'regular' tv channels they're shown or repeated on? I'm not very techy, don't have netflix or anything like that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mcbrideryan1

Here's a new Game of Thrones podcast called Brotherhood Without Manners.

It was started ahead of season 7 of the show by a few Irish lads and if you're pumped for the new season try giving it a listen.

We go through the main (and main-ish) characters one by one and predict their paths for the new season, and have released three episodes so far.

Episode 1 -Bran, Meera, Jorah

Episode 2 - The Hound, Beric Dondarrion, Tormund

Episode 3 - Varys, Arya, Melisandre

You can find it on Soundcloud and Apple's Podcasting app (the artwork has a pic of Bronn on it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I watch them on Showbox- its an app you can download.

Get a Google Chromecast and they are available on tv anytime you want for free

Advertisement