Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCPE Server Help?

Options
  • 12-11-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a server with Pocketserver.net and i have asked them but get no reply, Basically i have a simple server set up so my children can connect on the go. It's all configured online through their online console.

There is no plugins installed on the server, They like to play creative, I have set it to creative in the console command, but cannot for the love of god figure out how to spawn animals or monsters.

Usually in creative you select the spawn eggs and spawn away but they do not show in the listings, It shows 4 eggs but the rest are not there?
    (See Photo Attached)

In server.properties I have tried setting the difficulty up 1, 2, 3, 4 etc, and spawn-animals & mobs are set to On?

I've tried /spawnmob in console command but says Unknown Command

Am i missing something here? Any advice would be great.

server.properties below

gamemode=1
    max-players=20
    spawn-protection=16
    white-list=off
    enable-query=on
    enable-rcon=off
    motd=Minecraft: PE Server
    announce-player-achievements=on
    allow-flight=off
    spawn-animals=on
    spawn-mobs=on
    force-gamemode=off
    hardcore=off
    pvp=on
    difficulty=2
    generator-settings=
    level-name=world
    level-seed=
    level-type=DEFAULT
    auto-save=on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I haven't read into this too much but can ya not just use the local multilayer ie world is hosted on one device and providing other users are on the same wifi network the world'll just pop up and they can all join it, up to 5 players, they can use eggs to spawn mobs in creative too.

Also, you don't even need a data connection for it, just a wifi one meaning you can have 3G/4G turned off and as long as the device can create a hotspot you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I get what your saying and they do connect up locally when they want to. They asked me to set up a server because one of them will start a world with friends.

Then the friend goes home and the world they had going is gone until the they see them again.

The whole point was that we have one world going all the time that can be connected too from anywhere so they can keep building it up and have thier fiends connect from home.

Advertisement