Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

• 16-10-2015 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone reading this?

Three novellas featuring the characters of Dunk and Egg were just collected for the first time (previously published in three different fantasy anthologies). It's set 100 years before the events of A Game of Thrones; one of the characters is a descendant of someone familiar to us (it's not much of a spoiler, revealed very early in the book and in most synopses of it, but I won't say who).

I'm really loving it so far - just finished the second novella. It's a great way to get your GoT fix while we're waiting for the new season/book, and it is something that both book readers and non-book readers alike can pick up. Highly recommended.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Anyone reading this?

Three novellas featuring the characters of Dunk and Egg were just collected for the first time (previously published in three different fantasy anthologies). It's set 100 years before the events of A Game of Thrones; one of the characters is a descendant of someone familiar to us (it's not much of a spoiler, revealed very early in the book and in most synopses of it, but I won't say who).

I'm really loving it so far - just finished the second novella. It's a great way to get your GoT fix while we're waiting for the new season/book, and it is something that both book readers and non-book readers alike can pick up. Highly recommended.

Have it sitting ready to start. Just have to finish off the book I'm reading atm before I jump into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Read the novellas along time ago. All three are excellent and integral in the whole ASoIaF story. Enjoy guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yeah, read them all a good while ago. Might pick up a copy for a re-read and I hear the illustrations are beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I got this last week and I'm really taking my time with it so I can stretch out my fix for as long as possible. I'm about a third of the way through the 2nd novella. It was worth that wait to get all 3 of them into the one book.

It's brilliant, such good fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Yeah I'm really enjoying it and the illustrations are fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Ascendant

I read the first two comic adaptions of the stories a while ago, will have to check out the new collection and read the stories in their original form.

C'mon, season 6...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Oak and Iron, guard me well!

Dunk is so likeable because he's essentially a brawler with no formal training who beats some of the best-trained knights in the realm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I read them ages ago when they were released in various anthologies but I got the new book just to have them all in one place.

I plan to get the audio book of it too - its read by Harry Lloyd (who played Viserys Targaryen in the tv show) so am looking forward to a listen to that!

Advertisement