Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winds of Winter Expected Early 2016

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya he seems to be getting side tracked very easily with these other projects. I understand he wants to take time and make the books as good as they can be but at some stage he has to just put everything else aside and crack on with them.

I don't like the thoughts of the tv show going ahead of the books. While they keep saying they are deviating separately with different things happening and different people dying or surviving, I still think it's heading to the same ultimate end and the important storylines will not change enough to un-spoil the books.

Like last season went off on a tangent in a lot of storylines but ultimately it felt like they squeezed everything in to the last few episodes to come back in line with the books. That and the fact it looks like next season will fill in some of the other things that have already happened in the books like the Greyjoys.

I get the feeling from his interviews and the way the previous couple of books have gone that he hasn't a clue how to wrap up his storylines.

Each story thread has become more tangled as he's gone on with no end in sight.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

Quite clear for a number of reasons that GRR indulges himself a lot, he has so much power at this point there isn't going to be anyone who can reign him in and get him to meet a damm deadline. The series quality will diminish because of this, a bit of pressure does no harm, actually helps you get things done better imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Ascendant

JRant wrote: »
    I get the feeling from his interviews and the way the previous couple of books have gone that he hasn't a clue how to wrap up his storylines.

Each story thread has become more tangled as he's gone on with no end in sight.

He has said himself that he prefers not knowing how the story will turn out as he writes and prefers to let him come to him or evolve naturally.

We're now seeing the downside of this approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ascendant wrote: »
    He has said himself that he prefers not knowing how the story will turn out as he writes and prefers to let him come to him or evolve naturally.

He best stop watching the tv show so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Ascendant wrote: »

I could live with that if it wasn't for the fact that he has very clearly lined up an ending for the tv show.

Personally, I think he has pretty much given up on the books, which is fine as it's his prerogative.

All that's happening now is a few realeases to keep his editors on the long finger and off his back.

The tv show will finish the series and we'll get an ending one way or another. That in itself is enough for me as I have lost interest in the books, waiting years for them to come out.

In the end, he's an old man and it must be extremely difficult for him to focus on finishing such an extensive work. Thankfully the tv show is top notch and I will certainly enjoy seeing how that pans out.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Advertisement