Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

welchy wrote: »
    Who owns the place with the fallout style vault door?

I'm not sure, but it's been there from the start. Pretty cool place to stumble across :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Who wants to help me put armour on the Boardsie crafter's statues?

Also, there's loads of room for more statues for anyone I've forgotten to add to the town hall :)

344417.png

Finished :)

344736.png

I find this hilarious - how the Peony is OP in Minecraft combat :)

http://imgur.com/a/Colmx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 tiffbunny

That looks amazing, guys.

And I'm going to do some peony field v wither testing soon, that looks too promising/hilarious to pass up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Renegaid

hail friends, I have returned.

Well, by returned I mean I am dabbling in Minecraft again, 1.8 of course, and am based in Vancouver, B.C. now.
    How are you all?!

Renegaid wrote: »
    hail friends, I have returned.

Well, by returned I mean I am dabbling in Minecraft again, 1.8 of course, and am based in Vancouver, B.C. now.
    How are you all?!

Howdy! I am simply spendid. Living in Monte Carlow* now. We're playing on a Minecraft Realm now, been up and running for a good few months. I'm sure Pomp will send you an invite if you want one!

*By that I mean...Carlow Town :o

My next project is a mini-golf course for the server! I saw an awesome way to build it on the Hermitcraft server, and I'm going to need a lot of packed ice. If anyone wants to help me find Ice Spikes, I'd appreciate :)

Found the ice spikes! 480, -4000. Basically head straight north from spawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Found Mooshroom Island @ -720, +3200. I have a portal in place (-90, 400) and a nether route to it, though it's not fully signposted yet. From spawn portal, head south and down the stairs, but instead of turning left to a portal, take the narrow tunnel straight on. At one point you have to go up and to the right to the tunnel continuation (down and left on the way back).

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

Hell yeah that'd be much appreciated! A Minecraft Realm is it? Fancy. Have a map link like the other server at all or?
    Hopefully there won't be too much of a delay since I am a third of the way around the world!

I sent you an invite Renegaid. To accept it, click on Minecraft Realms, and there's a little envelope beside the title on the next screen with a red wax seal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Pompous wrote: »
    I sent you an invite Renegaid. To accept it, click on Minecraft Realms, and there's a little envelope beside the title on the next screen with a red wax seal.

A red wax seal. Bahaha. Best description ever

Renegaider feel free to drop me a pm here whenever you're getting on, I can give you a tour!

Will do Dark, cheers for invite Pompous, I am quite excited to see what you've been up to and what I can add to the world! Mod restrictions? DynaMap? No problem if not, just curious.
    Also, there is an 8 hour difference from Vancouver to Ireland, so itll be my afternoon when its your evenings. Hopefully I'll see yee at weekends!

Will do Dark, cheers for invite Pompous, I am quite excited to see what you've been up to and what I can add to the world! Mod restrictions? DynaMap? No problem if not, just curious.
    Also, there is an 8 hour difference from Vancouver to Ireland, so itll be my afternoon when its your evenings. Hopefully I'll see yee at weekends!

That's the big downside about Realms, no mods and no dynamap. Pomp can roll back the map if necessary and ban users, but that's really as far it goes. Me or Pomp can spawn in things if necessary too.

I'm a bit of a nightowl so being in another timezone is no big deal to me :)

I'm going to see if Dec will let me host the map on his server, so DynaMap and mods are a possibility...

Ah no worries like, Quality of life mods are nice and all, but not the be all end all! I was only gonna have InvTweaks mod to easily sort chests and inventory, and maybe a minimap mod so I can set waypoints and actually follow my mining technique a bit easier haha!

Ah no worries like, Quality of life mods are nice and all, but not the be all end all! I was only gonna have InvTweaks mod to easily sort chests and inventory, and maybe a minimap mod so I can set waypoints and actually follow my mining technique a bit easier haha!

I'm still up if you're online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 tiffbunny

I'm going to see if Dec will let me host the map on his server, so DynaMap and mods are a possibility...

That sounds like a great idea, why didn't anyone suggest it before? :P

Yes, you can host it on the server if you're prepared to also run it completely. I.e. restarting it when it needs to be restarted, installing the mods, and being the person that gets frantic texts at 11pm when the server goes down.

Not scared off yet? No? Great, server request approved!

TL;DR: Don't thaw human torsos in hotel bathtubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

I've been imprisoned! Sweet cell neighbour though :D

... also, where are my arms?!

JfR1QUp.png?1

You're online and I'm missing it? Dang it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Just popped by to feed the cat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Anyone feel like selling me a silk touch book or loaning/sell me a silk touch pick (would be repaired if on loan) Need to get a massive amount of stone.

welchy wrote: »
    Anyone feel like selling me a silk touch book or loaning/sell me a silk touch pick (would be repaired if on loan) Need to get a massive amount of stone.

Think I have one with some life on it, I'll hop on now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭kavsmdf

Hey guys,

Can I get an add to the whitelist or whatever it is with realms please? I have no idea what realms is but I'd love to give it a go!

Thanks!

kavsmdf wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Can I get an add to the whitelist or whatever it is with realms please? I have no idea what realms is but I'd love to give it a go!

Thanks!

What is your minecraft username?

What is your minecraft username?

Yes that would be handy... haha!

It's kavsmdf

Thanks!

Added ;)

• Advertisement

Welcome Kavsmdf!

I've made something quite silly...but terrrrrifying :eek:

346381.png

Well ... there's a thing.

— Kingsley Amis

Sweet merciful Christ where is all the diamond?! Did you guys tweak the spawn of it at all? I've got more Lapis than Diamond from mining on level 10-12! What is this sorcery?!

Halleluah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

please send me an invite
    minecraft name:
    gincognito

yaledo wrote: »
    please send me an invite
    minecraft name:
    gincognito

Done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Senanman

Could you I have an inivite please?
    mc username: senanman

Hey guys,

Minecraft realms is saying I have no pending invites, can you please try again?

Username: kavsmdf

Thanks!

Senanman wrote: »
    Could you I have an inivite please?
    mc username: senanman

kavsmdf wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Minecraft realms is saying I have no pending invites, can you please try again?

Username: kavsmdf

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Could I get in please

jamo2oo9

:D

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Could I get in please

jamo2oo9

Welcome back! :D

• Advertisement

Welcome back! :D

Finally found some time to spare and I haven't played mc in a good while, especially with the new update :D

Just out of curiousity, what do I do to join this server now? I'm clueless on what to do? Probably haven't been whitelisted yet but I just want to get this sorted so I can join when I've been wl'd.

Just out of curiousity, what do I do to join this server now? I'm clueless on what to do? Probably haven't been whitelisted yet but I just want to get this sorted so I can join when I've been wl'd.

Load up a fresh new vanilla game of 1.8.3 or 4. Click on Realms, and then click the envelope at the top of the page. When Pompus gets a chance to put you on the whitelist, you'll have an invite waiting for you there.

Load up a fresh new vanilla game of 1.8.3 or 4. Click on Realms, and then click the envelope at the top of the page. When Pompus gets a chance to put you on the whitelist, you'll have an invite waiting for you there.

Ah, sound lad! Cheers :cool:

Could I get in please

jamo2oo9

Added :)

Coming on for a few :D

Hey, I see someone is building something with sand on the lake near spawn, are you planning on building much there? I was thinking of building a castle on the water between my house and spawn. I'll start building, but if you were planning something major I'll take down my stuff, no biggie.

Hey, I see someone is building something with sand on the lake near spawn, are you planning on building much there? I was thinking of building a castle on the water between my house and spawn. I'll start building, but if you were planning something major I'll take down my stuff, no biggie.

That's me. I'm planning on building Atlantis but I'll have to drain a hole in the lake before I can build my glass dome. You can go ahead with your castle as long as it's not within the circle of the dome. I'll be on in a few. Just gotta pop to the shop for milk.

It's big, it's dumb ... and it's done:

348879.png

It goes all the way around the swamp north of spawn: I don't know how long it is in blocks, but at top speed it takes about eight minutes to do a full circle. Just what you need to grab that "Ridin' the Rails" achievement. There are stops in various places, and you can create your own by moving the Redstone torches along a couple of blocks.

Sure, you can teleport through the Nether, but it's nicer up on top, where the sun shines. :cool:

— Kingsley Amis

What are you gonna do now? Find a new purpose?

• Advertisement
Advertisement