Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season six - first promo from HBO

• 23-11-2015 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭

So today seen the first promo released by HBO. What are people's thoughts, have HBO decided to give up and admit he's alive or are they up to something else ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

They obviously want to get everyone talking about 'is he or isn't he' again. He's clearly gonna be in season 6, people that believe he's gone for good might have a change of mind. People that believe he's alive will feel a bit of surety from this poster. Plus the producers know well that everyone has seen the pictures of Kit dressed up as a stark so it seems they've embraced the fact that the worst kept secret in tv is public knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Blue balling for the next 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Serious troll if he doesnt come back now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/672505659368148992

"The past is already written. The ink is dry."

"They have no idea what's going to happen."

As subtle as a sledgehammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Teaser is crap, all old images

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Oh dear why did I ever start watching this....when will it end
    Will those Stark Offspring go around and around the countries until they and me are very old

Does anyone know if there is an actual ending

Will Daenerys ever cross the narrow sea and have done with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

She will yeah, she ends up ruling the seven kingdoms, marries the night king and they have these weird hybrid fire/ice babies. The wall is torn down and the people of middle earth, I mean, Westeros, live happily ever after.......till Aliens.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,147 ✭✭✭✭JRant

She will yeah, she ends up ruling the seven kingdoms, marries the night king and they have these weird hybrid fire/ice babies. The wall is torn down and the people of middle earth, I mean, Westeros, live happily ever after.......till Aliens.

The final chapter will be aul Ned waking up in a sweat during the middle of the night and frantically looking around only to see Catelyn fast asleep beside him. She slowly wakes and asks if he's okay. Ned replies, "yes, it was just a bad dream". He lies back down
    And thinks to himself "winter is coming". The end.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

JRant wrote: »
    The final chapter will be aul Ned waking up in a sweat during the middle of the night and frantically looking around only to see Catelyn fast asleep beside him. She slowly wakes and asks if he's okay. Ned replies, "yes, it was just a bad dream". He lies back down
    And thinks to himself "winter is coming". The end.

XWOuu8G.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

A load of pictures gone up on the game of thrones Facebook. Gives a good idea of what's to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

cant wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

oooo, I like that trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Hitchens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

Ooooo, I love Ian McShane, should be good so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I love Ian McShane, but that's some spoiler!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭blackwave

Getting excited now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

looks like jon snow is dead from the trailer ???
    love to see the hound again, which was the rumour going around the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

PTH2009 wrote: »
    looks like jon snow is dead from the trailer ???
    Certainly looks like it but i guess that's what they want us to think. Was that Stannis burning?

Degag wrote: »
    Certainly looks like it but i guess that's what they want us to think. Was that Stannis burning?
    Also, at the end when Davos takes out the sword, Jon Snow is lying on the table and it looks like his Direwolf is beside him... wonder if he's gonna kill the dog to bring Jon back to life or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Do we really need spoiler tags to discuss the trailer? None of us know what's coming this season!

Tower of Joy scene confirmed from the trailer.
    Also Melisandres hand on Jon Snows forehead, remind you of Thoros and Beric?

I believe Ian McShane has confirmed GET HYPE ;)

And how is Bran standing up?

Do we really need spoiler tags to discuss the trailer? None of us know what's coming this season!

Tower of Joy scene confirmed from the trailer.
    Also Melisandres hand on Jon Snows forehead, remind you of Thoros and Beric?

I believe Ian McShane has confirmed GET HYPE ;)

I would personally agree that there shouldn't be a need for spoilers but some people don't like viewing trailers etc....

... then again, if they didn't like trailers they wouldn't be in this thread i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Also, at the end when Davos takes out the sword, Jon Snow is lying on the table and it looks like his Direwolf is beside him... wonder if he's gonna kill the dog to bring Jon back to life or something?

Considering the fact that as soon as he draws it the lads beside him go to draw theirs I think we can say it's them he's attacking.

It was also long claw (Jon's sword) that he drew

A vision with the night king (Ice Maul) invading it

Either Arthur Dayne or Gerald Hightower wielding 2 swords with the Targaryen sigil on the front of his armour?

Also looks like Jaime Lannister leading an army dressed in full plate armour on the Great Sept.

Reminds me of Braveheart "we didn't get all dressed up for nothing!"

Strider wrote: »
    Considering the fact that as soon as he draws it the lads beside him go to draw theirs I think we can say it's them he's attacking.

No, they're drawing with him. There's a quick shot of Aliser Thorne outside a door trying to get in. I'll bet Davos plus a few of Jons pals are protecting his body until.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Have you forgotten? He'll never walk again ... but he will fly, by Warging.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    Have you forgotten? He'll never walk again ... but he will fly, by Warging.

How does that explain him standing up?

How does that explain him standing up?

Its a vision. Bran had a vision before where he could stand and walk..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

"I choose violence"... deadly!

Was that the Kingsmoot on the clifftop?

Tower of Joy seems confirmed, in fairness the resurrection seems like the right time to confirm R+L=J.

2 episodes into our re-watch and starting to get hyped for the season now!

Sleepy wrote: »
    2 episodes into our re-watch and starting to GET HYPED for the season now!

fyp ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Also looks like Jaime Lannister leading an army dressed in full plate armour on the Great Sept.!"

Dont think thats Jaime. Think its the resurrected Mountain.

connollys wrote: »

Possibly, nice album of screen caps here: http://imgur.com/a/QdqLU

Anyone spot Jon Snow on horseback? (not a spoiler, impossible to tell if it is really him).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Looks like there could potentially be a similar event to the Tower of Joy with Davos and Ghost among others defending Jon Snow's body until help comes. I think it could work well if Bran was going back to the Tower of Joy scene itself and they cut to and from both scenes simultaneously.

connollys wrote: »

No it is Jamie, at the steps of the sept, in front of the faith militant

Who is it with the brown hair who jumps into the street from a balcony or roof?

Who is it with the brown hair who jumps into the street from a balcony or roof?

Arya, it was reported (and shots shown) of the stunt being performed in dubrovnik

duploelabs wrote: »
    Arya, it was reported (and shots shown) of the stunt being performed in dubrovnik

Ah, I thought it was a bloke (from the trailer).

Ive been trying to keep away from pics of filming this time around as its the first season I havent read a book for!

• Advertisement

Ah, I thought it was a bloke (from the trailer).

Ive been trying to keep away from pics of filming this time around as its the first season I havent read a book for!

Well no one has really read a book for this series as there hasn't been one written

• Registered Users Posts: 13,147 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong now.

Can't bloody wait.

Every episode will have something completely new to digest.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Well no one has really read a book for this series as there hasn't been one written

Exactly.

So no sign of Poderick in the trailer then? Or Edmure.

Exactly.

They're not gonna show Edmure in any trailers, they'll keep him for a 'holy **** he's back moment!!!'. But it's pretty much been confirmed he'll be back so I doubt it'll be too unexpected..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Euron has no eyepatch :(

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Euron has no eyepatch :(

I wouldn't mind if they gave him a fúckin afro, as long as he's the same lunatic he is in the book then it's all good in the hood...

Exactly.

Or Gendry, the poor guy's arms must be knackered

Or Gendry, the poor guy's arms must be knackered

As soon ah he lands with his stick sized arms some chap will turn to him and say 'you even lift brah?'. With D&D I wouldn't actually be too surprised...

Gonna spoiler this as its not seen in the trailer, but whats peoples opinion on The Hound returning?

Its getting alot of legs in recent days after comments from Ian Mcshane but he coild have been talking about anyone really!

Gonna spoiler this as its not seen in the trailer, but whats peoples opinion on The Hound returning?

Its getting alot of legs in recent days after comments from Ian Mcshane but he coild have been talking about anyone really!

Ah cmon! McShane specified who his character was in one interview and said he would be bringing a beloved character back to life then followed it up in a radio interview where two dead characters were named directly to him and said it wasn't the latter but might be the former.

There really is no one else it could be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement