Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daniel Day Lewis

Options
  • 25-02-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Is he Irish or what!!
    A lot of british media reporting today of their brit triumph at the oscars!! Even Kate thornton on Sky one last nite tried to claim Colin Farrell!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    Even Kate thornton on Sky one last nite tried to claim Colin Farrell!

You'd think she'd have learned her lesson after the Samuel L. Jackson interview! :p

Sure on the "Brit Hopefuls" bit that they did on Sky, the first person to pop up was Soairse Ronan. Muppets.

On the issue of Daniel Day-Lewis, he's English but he lives here and has Irish citizenship. So I guess our claiming him is slightly more justified than the carry on the British press :)

Here's two quotes from IMDB.com,

"I've managed to create a sense of banishment in so many different areas of my life. I live in Ireland, not England. I make films in America. And now I'm banished from the theater because I've slagged it off so much. And I did the unspeakable thing of fleeing from 'Hamlet.'"

"(on obtaining Irish citizenship) I dare say it was still considered to be an abandonment of England A betrayal! A heresy! It is not expected that someone from my background will leave England. But I've committed so many heresies that there's no sense in not making the final gesture."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

His Da was born in Co Laois also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    Is he Irish or what!!
    A lot of british media reporting today of their brit triumph at the oscars!! Even Kate thornton on Sky one last nite tried to claim Colin Farrell!

Not again. Daft cow.

Samuel L Jackson will just have kill her now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

He has Irish citizenship. There was a thread about this somewhere else as well? AH maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i heard about sammy l jackson going mad over the claim that farrell was british. Youtube LINK????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

He has dual citizenship and born in London, so it could also be agued that they have every right to call him English. But who cares.

Advertisement