Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privacy policy on your website

Options
  • 25-10-2014 4:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭

I am nearly finished one of my proudest builds, I'm pretty sure i need a privacy policy so the user knows where their info is going, but do i need a solicitor to make one? Is there any other legal requirements my site must have?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Your best bet is to check the data commissioners site. However a quick heuristic is to be open on what data is collected, use it only for that purpose and to have a link to ones privacy policy on the front web page as per directive guidelines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭IDencI

Manach wrote: »
    Your best bet is to check the data commissioners site. However a quick heuristic is to be open on what data is collected, use it only for that purpose and to have a link to ones privacy policy on the front web page as per directive guidelines.

Thanks, will check that out! I have the link in the footer of the main page. Would that suffice?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

IDencI wrote: »
    Thanks, will check that out! I have the link in the footer of the main page. Would that suffice?
    Yes. My 2c, not legal advice etc, is that a link is enough as there was a ruling on this where there was an attempt to screen scrap a site which was not allowed under its privacy policy. As it was present as a link, this was judged suffient.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭IDencI

Manach wrote: »
    Yes. My 2c, not legal advice etc, is that a link is enough as there was a ruling on this where there was an attempt to screen scrap a site which was not allowed under its privacy policy. As it was present as a link, this was judged suffient.

Great! Now just to figure out what to put into it!

Advertisement