Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Number plates from Ashgrove Interparts?

Options
  • 06-03-2008 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭

Need to get no plates for my car lads, i know ashgrove do metal ones, are they the good ones or the fall apart after 6 months ones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The embossed aluminium plates made at Ashgrove cannot fall apart they are made to an EU standard. Its only those illegal custom plates that tend to fall apart.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Eh, you can have pressed metal registration plates made entirely to the Revenue standards - the only ones that matter here - that fall to bits after a few weeks. Wheter they match the spacing/sizing/naming rules or not doesn't matter a ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Hey Cyrus, did you opt for a "choose your own number" reg number? I know it's a limited choice but I thought you might go for a 3333 or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

nope, in the end i didnt bother, what with 9k vrt and 1490 tax i reckon 315 on a number is a waste esp when it could get me facelift rear lights or an oem strut brace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

anyone else used them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

I always buy my plates from Windsor Motors (any branch). They sell the proper embossed metal plates. Failing that, I believe Europlates (01-8251804) sell them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Cyrus wrote: »
    anyone else used them?
    I did, but I got plastic plates. It took them a few goes to get them right, they're not exactly craftsmen over in Ashgrove.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭MarkN

The embossed aluminium plates made at Ashgrove cannot fall apart they are made to an EU standard. Its only those illegal custom plates that tend to fall apart.

Eh the ones you are talking about (German style perhaps!) are not the type that fall apart.

The ones that DO fall apart can be found being churned out of many Irish dealers!! Ford are guilty as charged from what I see on the roads.

Cyrus, many places do them, if you still haven't got them yet, PM me.

Advertisement