Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safari

Options
  • 15-02-2006 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I trashed Safari by mistake and now trying hard to find how to get it back! I always thought Safari is free to download.. but can only download updates. i have my OSX installation disks, but doesn't seem to contain safari..? i'm not a big fan of IE/firefox..! help is much much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I suggest you become a fan of Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

what version of OS X are you running???

unfortunately Safari 2.0 is only available as part of the 10.4.4 update. It looks like Safari 1.2 is available from the following link: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/safari.html

if it's 2.0 ur after pm me and i can get the app to you

What version of OSX installation disks do you have?
    It should be in there, if you take a closer look. If not, upgrade to 10.4.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

also you can use a tool called pacifist to extract the original safari package from your installation disks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you're not a fan of IE/Firefox, how about Opera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭korramatta

Thanks for all the replys. I manged to install from installation disk( I was blind this morning). There was a pkg file name optional installs, from there it takes 2 seconds to re-install.Amazing thing is I havent lossed any of the bookmarks!!!
    The reason I like safari is, its the best one to display UTF-8 fonts consistantly.,.. as i need them for south indian news papers web sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Also Safari is the only browser in the world to pass the Acid2 browser test. It tests a browsers ability to support current Webstandards.

Firefox and Opera do a good attempt, with Opera 9Beta being the better of the two. So stick with Safari, it is a good browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Safari is a terrible browser. Ask any web developer who has to get their site working across multiple platforms and browsers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭korramatta

Why don't we look from a average user's perspective? May be a nightmare for developers,, but still like its ease of usability..

• Advertisement
Advertisement