Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

paint it or not

• 18-04-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I recently got hold of an old school lab bench complete with graffiti some of which dates back to the 1920s and 30s . I stripped the old varnish off the work top as it was not great, however to my horror the Mrs want to paint the bottom cupboard doors and drawers not to mention paint over the graffiti. What your opinion any help advice appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bimble

Pictures?

its not allowing me to attach pictures for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

bimble wrote: »
    its not allowing me to attach pictures for some reason

Post a link to a image hosting site instead. I think it depends on the graffiti in my head it sounds like it looks pretty cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I recently got hold of an old school lab bench complete with graffiti some of which dates back to the 1920s and 30s . I stripped the old varnish off the work top as it was not great, however to my horror the Mrs want to paint the bottom cupboard doors and drawers not to mention paint over the graffiti. What your opinion any help advice appreciated

Don't paint. Keep it natural

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭loloray

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Strip

Don't paint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Don't paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Don't paint.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Your missus is mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Like I said earlier, don't paint
    There is a pattern here.

I'd love to find out how you plan to tell the other half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I sell furniture paint but in this case I think I would leave it as it is I like the look of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

If you lose the battle you could make a top that sits on top and comes down around the edges.
    To save the Graffitti.

Good luck digging the heels in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

As above- don't paint, just give it a good clean with sugar soap and hot water. I'd love a piece like this.

Thanks for the input folks, I'm fairly certain I have made my point with your help. Its not getting painted, thanks again for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Thanks for the input folks, I'm fairly certain I have made my point with your help. Its not getting painted, thanks again for your help
    It'll be white in a week;)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

Would be an awful shame to paint that. It has loads of character as it is, whereas painted it could be any age.

Advertisement