Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cobblelock recommendation

Options
  • 09-04-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Im looking to get my front garden cobble locked and was wondering dos anyone have any recommendations of someone they have used. Im living in the north dublin area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ccull123 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Im looking to get my front garden cobble locked and was wondering dos anyone have any recommendations of someone they have used. Im living in the north dublin area.

I'd love to have coble lock but the maintenance is too much.
    I suggest you look at coble lock that has been down a few years. It needs to be power washed every year or 2 & sand needs to be swept between the bricks. You can expect to pay €150 to €200 for a company to do this. If you know anyone that has it down for a few years ask them about maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

I'd love to have coble lock but the maintenance is too much.
    I suggest you look at coble lock that has been down a few years. It needs to be power washed every year or 2 & sand needs to be swept between the bricks. You can expect to pay €150 to €200 for a company to do this. If you know anyone that has it down for a few years ask them about maintenance.

its very easy to maintain.

i wash spray mine with weed killer every year..wash it down a few week later and brush the sand in between the joints..its far from rocket science and fairly effortless in all honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

its very easy to maintain.

i wash spray mine with weed killer every year..wash it down a few week later and brush the sand in between the joints..its far from rocket science and fairly effortless in all honesty.

I hear you and thanks for pointing that out. I just wanted to point out that there is maintenance in it. They might have thought that it is maintenance free. If you look after them there can be beautiful looking & if you don't they can look like jungles with all the weeds after a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I consulted my neighbour (admittedly a very neat man), and he said he washed it every 2 years or so with bleach and… forget what else, giving the bricks a good scrub with a stiff brush. Maybe a wire brush, not sure.

Advertisement