Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014 Boards Mock Draft Interest List

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Great pick JaMarcus.... there is no doubt Fuller could well be a Charger in real life too.

Believe me, the temptation to put Marqise Lee across from Keenan Allen was so, so difficult to pass up :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

SameOleJay PM'ed.

I'm sure a lot of people wont like this pick, and will see WR as a spot that the Browns will be satisfied with with Burleson, but I couldn't justify picking a lesser player at CB or ILB when they could pick up similar talent at #35 in the second round.

A receiving trio of Gordon, Lee and Burleson would be pretty good.

Then they look at a Guard a CB and and ILB in the next few rounds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The last few picks have decimated my 49ers draft board, can people stop picking receivers and corners please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Great pick JaMarcus.... there is no doubt Fuller could well be a Charger in real life too.

Fuller really is great value at that spot. I don't see much in the supposed to corners in the draft, I think Fuller will end up out playing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Believe me, the temptation to put Marqise Lee across from Keenan Allen was so, so difficult to pass up :o

Good pick and would have been my choice too. Fuller looks the most nfl ready CB and is exactly what the chargers need as he'll be starting week 1.
    I also like the logic behind possibly picking lee, chargers would immediately have the top young WR duo in the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Very surprised to see Verrett still on the board with 4 CB's picked. I think he's arguably the best CB in this draft class.

Paully D wrote: »
    Very surprised to see Verrett still on the board with 4 CB's picked. I think he's arguably the best CB in this draft class.

He is very very short though. I don't know enough of his skill set but a 5ft9 corner in today's NFL would be a worry no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I mentioned it in my pick, but here's a great set of 2 articles by Greg Peshek over on Rotoworld. It's really just a good presentation of stats, but gives you some insight into where these guys are experienced/inexperienced and where they excel/not so much.

CB Metrics - Part 1
    CB Metrics - Part 2

HigginsJ wrote: »
    He is very very short though. I don't know enough of his skill set but a 5ft9 corner in today's NFL would be a worry no?

He's 5-10 I thought (seems to vary from site to site), but aye his size would be a worry as would the fact that he's unlikely to be able to add much more muscle.

That said, I love the way he plays. He's a true ballhawk, the ball seems to be like a magnet drawn towards him. He's really aggressive, explosively quick and gets effectively involved in stopping the run too. He's the type of player I could see making a lot of big plays in the NFL.

Ultimately I do rank Gilbert #1 and really like him as a whole package, but I think if Verrett was the same size as Gilbert that he'd end up being talked about much more as possibly the best CB prospect. I feel he (Verrett) is more polished in terms of technique and play-making ability than the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well Tim Jennings is 5'8", Verner is 5'10" as is Cortland Finnegan and Revis is 5'11" so its not a real issue imo. Fact is the bigger more physical guys can do a great job against the big men but the smaller faster guys do a great job against the speedy types. I'd much prefer Jennings, Verner or Revis up against Antonio Brown/Jordy Nelson/Pierre Garcon but I'd prefer the bigger, tougher more physical guy up against Megatron/AJ Green/Demaryius Thomas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Lardarius Webb is 5' 10" and he is the best player on the Ravens D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Paully D wrote: »
    He's 5-10 I thought (seems to vary from site to site), but aye his size would be a worry as would the fact that he's unlikely to be able to add much more muscle.

That said, I love the way he plays. He's a true ballhawk, the ball seems to be like a magnet drawn towards him. He's really aggressive, explosively quick and gets effectively involved in stopping the run too. He's the type of player I could see making a lot of big plays in the NFL.

Ultimately I do rank Gilbert #1 and really like him as a whole package, but I think if Verrett was the same size as Gilbert that he'd end up being talked about much more as possibly the best CB prospect. I feel he (Verrett) is more polished in terms of technique and play-making ability than the others.

Agree with this, Verrett also plays taller than his height suggests - is physical, a ball hawk and to me is the best corner in the class. As long as you've a rangy corner on the opposite side it shouldn't be a problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm convinced people are reading my draft board and picking players accordingly. I like the Cooks pick though, would be good for Carolina.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

I tried to go up and get Watkins last week and was also sick when Lee was taken two spots ahead of me. I still think Carolina will be happy with cooks landing on their lap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭boccy23

The way I figured, youth is always a good thing and guys don't necessarily perform the same when they switch from one team to another.

It was between him and an offensive lineman so I went for the sexier pick :p

Would be absolutely shocked if the Giants went CB. We have focused most of our resources there this off season.

I think the off season has put us in "best player available" position. In this case the Giants wouldn't have passed up on Donald.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Interesting..............we've selected no RB's.............yet !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

1|Blake Bortles|QB|Houston Texans|UCF
    2|Greg Robinson|OT|St. Louis Rams|Auburn
    3|Jadeveon Clowney|DE|Jacksonville Jaguars|South Carolina
    4|Johnny Manziel|QB|Cleveland Browns|Texas A&M
    5|Mike Evans|WR|Oakland Raiders|Texas A&M
    6|Khalil Mack|LB|Atlanta Falcons|Buffalo
    7|Sammy Watkins|WR|Tampa Bay Buccaneers|Clemson
    8|Teddy Bridgewater|QB|Minnesota Vikings|Louisville
    9|Jake Matthews|OT|Buffalo Bills|Texas A&M
    10|Justin Gilbert|CB|Detroit Lions|Oklahoma State
    11|Anthony Barr|LB|Tennessee Titans|UCLA
    12|Darqueze Dennard|CB|New York Giants|Michigan State
    13|Ha Ha Clinton-Dix|S|St Louis Rams|Alabama
    14|Aaron Donald|DT|Chicago Bears|Pittsburgh
    15|Eric Ebron|TE|Pittsburgh Steelers|North Carolina
    16|Timmy Jernigan|DT|Dallas Cowboys|Florida State
    17|CJ Mosley|LB|Baltimore Ravens|Alabama
    18|Odell Beckham Jr|WR|New York Jets|LSU
    19|Zack Martin|OT|Miami Dolphins|Notre Dame
    20|Calvin Pryor|S|Arizona Cardinals|Louisville
    21|Louis Nix|DT|Green Bay|Notre Dame
    22|Xavier Su’a-Filo|G|Philadelphia Eagles|UCLA
    23|Taylor Lewan|OT|Kansas City Chiefs|Michigan
    24|Bradly Roby|CB|Cincinnati Bengals |OSU|
    25|Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
    26|Marqise Lee - Wide Receiver, University of Southern California
    27|Kony Ealy, Missouri DE/OLB
    28|Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State
    29|Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT, Notre Dame
    30|Jason Verrett CB TCU
    31|TBA
    32|TBA

Interesting..............we've selected no RB's.............yet !

Think it's fairly safe to say it'll be the 2nd year in a row where no RB goes in the 1st round again

Only Seattle left to pick in Round 1 before we start Round 2.

If the 2nd round continues at this pace I will look to garner interest to see who wants to be involved in the 3rd round. It is running so smoothly in comparison to the shambles last year

• Advertisement

Loads of time left anyway, draft is 4 weeks away.

If the 2nd round continues at this pace I will look to garner interest to see who wants to be involved in the 3rd round. It is running so smoothly in comparison to the shambles last year

Ye maybe,

The weekend will break it up though. No-one should be penalised for being late getting a selection in.

Has Seahawks picker been pinged?, my itchy trigger finger is back!.

1|Blake Bortles|QB|Houston Texans|UCF
    2|Greg Robinson|OT|St. Louis Rams|Auburn
    3|Jadeveon Clowney|DE|Jacksonville Jaguars|South Carolina
    4|Johnny Manziel|QB|Cleveland Browns|Texas A&M
    5|Mike Evans|WR|Oakland Raiders|Texas A&M
    6|Khalil Mack|LB|Atlanta Falcons|Buffalo
    7|Sammy Watkins|WR|Tampa Bay Buccaneers|Clemson
    8|Teddy Bridgewater|QB|Minnesota Vikings|Louisville
    9|Jake Matthews|OT|Buffalo Bills|Texas A&M
    10|Justin Gilbert|CB|Detroit Lions|Oklahoma State
    11|Anthony Barr|LB|Tennessee Titans|UCLA
    12|Darqueze Dennard|CB|New York Giants|Michigan State
    13|Ha Ha Clinton-Dix|S|St Louis Rams|Alabama
    14|Aaron Donald|DT|Chicago Bears|Pittsburgh
    15|Eric Ebron|TE|Pittsburgh Steelers|North Carolina
    16|Timmy Jernigan|DT|Dallas Cowboys|Florida State
    17|CJ Mosley|LB|Baltimore Ravens|Alabama
    18|Odell Beckham Jr|WR|New York Jets|LSU
    19|Zack Martin|OT|Miami Dolphins|Notre Dame
    20|Calvin Pryor|S|Arizona Cardinals|Louisville
    21|Louis Nix|DT|Green Bay|Notre Dame
    22|Xavier Su’a-Filo|G|Philadelphia Eagles|UCLA
    23|Taylor Lewan|OT|Kansas City Chiefs|Michigan
    24|Bradly Roby|CB|Cincinnati Bengals |OSU
    25|Kyle Fuller|CB|San Diego Chargers|Virginia Tech
    26|Marqise Lee|WR|Cleveland Browns|University of Southern California
    27|Kony Ealy|DE|New Orleans Saints|Missouri
    28|Brandin Cooks|WR|Carolina Panthers|Oregon State
    29|Stephon Tuitt|DT|New England Patriots|Notre Dame
    30|Jason Verrett|CB|San Francisco 49ers|TCU
    31|Ryan Shazier|LB|Denver Broncos|OSU
    32|TBA

Ye maybe,

The weekend will break it up though. No-one should be penalised for being late getting a selection in.

No-one will be, last year was crazy. I can't remember exactly but I must have made 10 or 12 selections as people went AWOL.

So we can expect your selection by the end of the month yea :p

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

Kev_s88 has been Pm'ed

As a Broncos fan I was thinking the same way, ie. a LB.

As regards having a 3rd round, would it be an idea if we changed it a bit, ie. instead of picking for your designated team need, you would just pick someone who you think is a sleeping giant/hidden gem or a future HOF'er, eg. a Tom Brady etc.

As a Broncos fan I was thinking the same way, ie. a LB.

As regards having a 3rd round, would it be an idea if we changed it a bit, ie. instead of picking for your designated team need, you would just pick someone who you think is a sleeping giant/hidden gem or a future HOF'er, eg. a Tom Brady etc.

Usually there is a Binkie thread for that but sur I'm open to suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

we lost our momentum on the final pick!

we lost our momentum on the final pick!

I think I'll post up a pick & move on as that user hasn't posted for over 2 weeks on boards

Pick made & PM sent. Not sure it was the biggest need but hard to pass on Ealy there I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think I'll post up a pick & move on as that user hasn't posted for over 2 weeks on boards
    Last active on the 8th April so maybe its a bit hasty given that we are way ahead of schedule. Probably didn't expect to have to pick before the weekend.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Last active on the 8th April so maybe its a bit hasty given that we are way ahead of schedule. Probably didn't expect to have to pick before the weekend.

He can have my 2nd rounder if he is around. Said at the start that wanted to have picks done with-in 24 hours or someone would step in.

Pick for Texans is in. Had good write up on reasoning etc on another PC so to keep her lit have keep it short n sweet tonite.

Pm sent to Innish_Rebel too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Pick made & PM sent. Not sure it was the biggest need but hard to pass on Ealy there I reckon
    Eh, Kony Ealy had already been selected by the Saints.
    Had he not been, I would have picked him up for the Patriots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

sorry i missed my pick guys. had some stuff to sort out over the last few days and completely lost track of the picks and how far along they were :(

Hey Kev_s88, you can have my 2nd rounder, I'll PM you when it is on the clock

How the hell did I not see that Ealy had been taken?? I'll sort that now

Changed to WR Allen Robinson from Penn State, will write up later

They got their franchise Quarterback in Round One, it was time to improve his protection up front. Houston are set at Left Tackle with Duane Brown but on the right side they are a mess with Derek Newton, who is at best a backup swing Tackle who one would hope never sees the field. Cyrus will take over at right Tackle from day one and follows in a long line of Crimson Tide O linemen picked v early in the past few years eg. DJ Fluker, Andre Smith and Chance Warmack. Cyrus will have just gone 21 when he enters the NFL so all going well he will have many years anchoring the Texan O line. Kouandjio's draft stock is a bit of a mystery right now due to the issues around his knee, but his fall will be the Texans gain.

• Advertisement

That's gas Innish I was looking at Morgan Moses too. I was defo going O line for Houston and was even looking at some of the Guards but I didn't think pick 33 was good value for a Guard, far better to grab what could be a stud O Tackle for years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

That's gas Innish I was looking at Morgan Moses too. I was defo going O line for Houston and was even looking at some of the Guards but I didn't think pick 33 was good value for a Guard, far better to grab what could be a stud O Tackle for years to come.

Yeah I was traveling with work in UAE - on I-phone following the draft with my pick typed & ready - then you pulled the trigger & I was sitting in hotel trying to picture who I had next on my (not very thorough) "board" - had to wait until we got back and I wanted to treat the draft with respect (sorry for the slight delay folks)...

I've just realized a huge part of the draft - reviewing in depth the needs of teams picking around you to help decide to trade up/down!!!

Can't see the Browns go with QB,WR,RB with their first 3 picks. A guard or corner will be in there for sure if they stay where they are.

Mind you, it would be pretty exciting.

Can't see the Browns go with QB,WR,RB with their first 3 picks. A guard or corner will be in there for sure if they stay where they are.

Mind you, it would be pretty exciting.

Exciting it is then ;)

I was going to go with OG GABE JACKSON, but there was something special I like in Tre Mason, and the Browns need an RB, so..........

Tre might be the next Darren Sproles, maybe even the next Jamal Charles. Anyhows our first RB has been selected.

Tre might be the next Darren Sproles, maybe even the next Jamal Charles. Anyhows our first RB has been selected.

His last few college games were beyond ridiculous. He is def in the conversation to be the 1st RB selected. I happen yo think that it's actually a pretty decent RB class this year

Tre Mason is the first real "shake-up" pick of our mock draft IMO. I can't see him going at the top of the second round in real life, but I actually like the pick and find it very interesting.

Mason reminds me a lot of Ray Rice.

Yeah, I really like Mason, I like the way he observes what's in front of him and then makes that all important lightening-fast decision of where to go.

He's strong and breaks or spins out of tackles and combined with solid pass blocking & k/o return ability then I can see teams reaching for him.

The Q is, what teams need a RB ?!

I PM'ed Kev_s88 this morning so he can make the pick for the Falcons

Ra'Shede Hageman is a very nice pick up at #36.

• Advertisement
Advertisement