Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone card

Options
  • 20-03-2007 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Sorry just back from hols and for life of me cant find a forum on this, please mods move to correct forum

Ok need to ring Oz using an eircom landline and looking if there is a call card which you can use from Ireland to ring Oz on the cheap, I use Skype all the time when in Dublin but when I go away at weekends there is no BB so I cant get enough bandwidth to use so have to use eircom which I think is about 33 cent a min!!! any help is welcome, also where are the cards available from??

Just back from Oz and you can buy a card and just keep topping it up, is this possible????

Please see below for how long I was over there!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Big Nelly wrote:
    Sorry just back from hols and for life of me cant find a forum on this, please mods move to correct forum

Ok need to ring Oz using an eircom landline and looking if there is a call card which you can use from Ireland to ring Oz on the cheap, I use Skype all the time when in Dublin but when I go away at weekends there is no BB so I cant get enough bandwidth to use so have to use eircom which I think is about 33 cent a min!!! any help is welcome, also where are the cards available from??

Just back from Oz and you can buy a card and just keep topping it up, is this possible????

Please see below for how long I was over there!!!
    try www.telestunt.ie. local rate to an australian land line and 15c a min to a mobile. it didn't work when i tried it before though. just kept getting an engaged tone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Anyone use any of these or know where they are sold? http://www.irishtelecoms.com/irish_call_cards.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Where do you live mate?

I think most of the internet cafés will sell something like what you are after, if not you can usually get cheap international calls in these places.

Doesn't every town in Ireland have one at this stage?

I live in Dublin, use the internet and Skype during the week, its at weekend when I am in Cavan in the sticks(and I mean sticks) there is no connection to BB, I use my 3G card for general internet use but the bandwidth is sh*t so I cant use skype so have to use the parents eircom line which is 33 cent a min and they are giving out about the bills!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm sure any of the internet cafés is Dublin would sell these phone cards you want.

They come with a local number on them that you can ring from anywhere in the country.

Like a Cavan number for people in Cavan, you dial that from the landline and then bang in the actual number you want to dial by following some instructions.

If you do find them, will you post in here again, I'll need them in a couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Try your local shop. They may use the same machine that prints out mobile credit receipts. I enquired in mine and the shoppie named about 20+ different types. I just blindly picked the one that sounded nicest. Cant remember the rate though.

seansouth wrote:
    I'm sure any of the internet cafés is Dublin would sell these phone cards you want.

They come with a local number on them that you can ring from anywhere in the country.

Like a Cavan number for people in Cavan, you dial that from the landline and then bang in the actual number you want to dial by following some instructions.

If you do find them, will you post in here again, I'll need them in a couple of months.

Have found one where you have a free dial number, checking into it, only 17cpm to a Mobile in oz, alot cheaper if ringing a landline!!:D will post details when I know more

Advertisement