Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to power wash a patio?

Options
  • 16-04-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I just got quoted €100 to have a 20 m2 patio power washed, I'm in drogheda. I've rung a few numbers in the local paper and this is the only guy I could get to speak to so I've nothing to compare it to. Anybody have any ideas on what a realistic price would be? For €100 I could nearly buy my own power washer. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

connected1 wrote: »
    I just got quoted €100 to have a 20 m2 patio power washed, I'm in drogheda. I've rung a few numbers in the local paper and this is the only guy I could get to speak to so I've nothing to compare it to. Anybody have any ideas on what a realistic price would be? For €100 I could nearly buy my own power washer. Thanks.

€100 seems VERY expensive. If you have an outside tap and a hose it should only take a half hour max. Is there anyone you could borrow one from? I'm sure there are plenty of teenagers off school who would be glad of a few quid to do it.
    Power washers available for €49 in Argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7420274/Trail/searchtext%3EPRESSURE+WASHER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Get a watering-can and a bottle of Chlorous milking-machine cleaner from a Co-Op farm shop. Make up a 10-1 solution with tap-water and sprinkle. Leave for an hour, re-do on any difficult patches, and rinse off again with clean water from the can. Spend your €80 or so change on something useful and/or fun. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement