Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Elite ST shower question

Options
  • 11-04-2014 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've replaced my broken mira shower with exact same model today. I noticed that there is no filter or shield in the new unit unlike the old one. When I say old I mean 4 to 5 years old

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

bbability wrote: »
    Hi

I've replaced my broken mira shower with exact same model today. I noticed that there is no filter or shield in the new unit unlike the old one. When I say old I mean 4 to 5 years old

There's a filter there for sure. Here is the manual. See page 23

http://www.mirashowers.co.uk/onlinecatalog/pdf/1056830_w2_h_mira_elite_st.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Not on my new one. Neither heat shield over tranny. Wondering if I got a Monday morning shower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Not on my new one. Neither heat shield over tranny. Wondering if I got a Monday morning shower?

Is it legal to replace a shower yourself with the new electrical regulations.

Average Light bulb =75 watts
    Shower = 8,500 watts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

scudo2 wrote: »
    Is it legal to replace a shower yourself with the new electrical regulations.

Average Light bulb =75 watts
    Shower = 8,500 watts

OP did not ask was it legal to swap it out. He asked where the filter was.

@OP. You checked the diagram right? What's where the filter should be? Nothing? It's possible you got a dud of course. Ring the supplier, get a replacement and install it ;)

Not familiar with the one you replaced but are the filters interchangeable by chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

dodzy wrote: »
    OP did not ask was it legal to swap it out. He asked where the filter was.

@OP. You checked the diagram right? What's where the filter should be? Nothing? It's possible you got a dud of course. Ring the supplier, get a replacement and install it ;)

Not familiar with the one you replaced but are the filters interchangeable by chance?

OP / bbability
    Is a moderator on boards, and should be more responsible, he should post his question on the electrical or plumbing & heating forum and he would get the same safety reply from the qualified professionals, who are also moderators on both forums.

I only posted my comment in the interest of safety, no other reason.

bbability, please comment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Folks, the OP can post the question where he/she likes, once it falls into the category, the fact of being a mod is irrelevant. Similarly scudo2 is free to ask the question that he/she has done, even if slightly off topic to the main point of the OP. This is not a forum where off topic/duplicate posts/wrong forums points are considered high in the importance of reporting posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Hi

I've replaced my broken mira shower with exact same model today. I noticed that there is no filter or shield in the new unit unlike the old one.

Can you put up a picture of it as curious to see it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,909 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Hi

There is a filter on your shower. Mira have gone back to the original design as their last filter cap warped very easily & leaked a lot.
    If you find where the inlet pipe is joined to your shower you should see a black plastic cap. Put a spanner on this to open.

Btw it is legal to change your own shower. The new laws means that you can not work on the fusebox. You are allowed to change or move sockets, lights, pull cord switches etc so long as you don't need to work on the fusebox. Remember 95% of electric showers are replaced by plumbers. In fact a plumber can do all the work back to the fusebox & let an electrician install the fuse.

Advertisement