Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old chimney

Options
  • 27-03-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can a flexi flu be joined to an open fire ?

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DenisCork

If it's large enough ie 8 inches yes. If it's too small then it might not draw properly resulting in smoke spilling into the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭GreatOaktree

At the min smoke is filling into the room upstairs. Its more than 100 years old with a 5 foot high fire place in the kitchen and the open fire is back to back with the kitchen. The sitting room fireplace is very shallow. I want to fit a stove in the kitchen and I am wondering can I get away with two flexi flues as the two chimneys become one at 1st floor level and there isn't room for two solid flues. I've rang two chimney experts both promised to come in the next week but both have let me down. Does anybody know anyone in the cavan south leitrim area ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Claim Assist

Hi, we deal with some good chimney contractors who work on a nationwide basis. If you still need somebody let me know.

Advertisement