Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nape piercing - healing question

Options
  • 14-03-2014 10:31pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I am considering getting a nape piercing, but want to be as informed as possible in advance. I have quite a physical job, with a lot of bending and lifting (nurse) and wonder if this would have an impact on healing?

Also, I had been considering clavicle piercings (would have been my preference), but I sleep on my front and am quite well endowed in the bust area which results in some migration of tissue :p and think this would negatively impact on healing. Would I be correct in this thinking?

I know that nape piercings require a good deal of care (which I'd have no problem with), but would healing be affected by a lot of bending and lifting? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

ape is easier than clavicle to heal

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I have three and I don't think bending would affect at all.

Having said that, I also think that surface piercings in this country are performed particularly poorly by even the best piercers.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Thought I'd pop this question in here rather than start a new thread

Potentially dumb, but would sleeping on your back negatively impact the healing of a nape piercing? I kinda have images of something going horribly wrong in my sleep :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

ynwa14 wrote: »
    Thought I'd pop this question in here rather than start a new thread

Potentially dumb, but would sleeping on your back negatively impact the healing of a nape piercing? I kinda have images of something going horribly wrong in my sleep :P

I had no problems with mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

The healing process on my nape was perfect, when I got it done I was waitressing and bending, lifting etc didn't seem to affect it at all.

Every so often I do find it goes a bit off off for a little bit, can get a little tender and a little crusty. But that lasts for a day or so and is fine again, probably mostly when I unconsciously mess with it (which I think looks horrible when I see someone else doing it!).

Try avoid that and it should be fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 atsural

Bending wasn't an issue for me! Just getting my hair caught as it is quite long! I'm a student midwife and one of the midwives on the ward noticed it and told me to take it out so just to warn you if you're in a hospital setting to be careful! That being said I have my nose pierced and they haven't noticed :)

Advertisement