Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 307 radio wont work

Options
  • 05-04-2014 10:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭

bought a 2003 ppugeot 307 5 door 3 days ago . the oem clarion radio in it turns on and plays cds but it wont scan in radio stations play them or save them . i checked the radio connection on the back of the radio was connected in . anyone know what the problem is with the radio and why it wont recieve and play the radio stations ? do i need some sort of key code for the radio to work ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does it pick up any stations at all even on a non FM band? Probably a loose connection.

The not saving radio stations is likely due to it being wired incorrectly, swap the red to red connection to red to yellow on both and that should resolve that...

auwmqc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I doubt even Peugeot would get the wiring on the factory stereo wrong.

What's the aerial looking like?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Problem is in the radio and not in wiring or aerial . Remove radio and check if model no. on top lid is PU-2471 or something similar. Most likely the tuner unit is faulty and needs to be replaced. This is a very common fault in these model radios. Your radio is repairable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭handandy

took the radio back out and the code on it does say pu-2471 .its the orignal clarion-peugeot radio . it wont pick up any stations at all even with manual scan and auto scan . i went down to a car audio company about 20 minutes ago and they said id be looking at around 80 euro to fix the radio as its the tuner part that is gone kaput on me . does that sound reasonable or can it be fixed for cheaper than that ?
    if i got another peugeot-clarion radio from a breakers yard how do i get the code for it to work in my car ? would peugeot charge me an arm and leg to supply a code ? thanks .

i took the radio out of my golf and put it into the 307 there just now to check that the aerial is working . the radio is working with all stations comming in so its not a wiring or aerial problem . so that means its deffo a fooked peugeot-clarion radio .
    so what next , get the radio repaired or look for another peugeot-clarion radio and get a code from peugeot ? i want to keep the radio dash display and radio stalk controls but dont want to get hammered on the price for a replacement radio and then the code for it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

It's the tuning head itself in the radio that's gone, they are repairable but it's not economical unless you DIY it. It should be cheaper to get a used one in there, like this one, which means you keep the dash display, light dimming, wheel controls, etc. There is no code for the stereo as such, but the car's VIN is coded into the stereo. It can be changed if you know someone with a Lexia/PP2000 cable and software. If you decide to change the stereo and you're in the Naas area I'd recode it for you. Do not go to a main dealer to recode the stereo, it means plugging the full diagnostic suite into the car and you'll be charged by them accordingly. It would probably be cheaper to get your existing stereo repaired in that case!

It's the tuning head itself in the radio that's gone, they are repairable but it's not economical unless you DIY it. It should be cheaper to get a used one in there, like this one, which means you keep the dash display, light dimming, wheel controls, etc. There is no code for the stereo as such, but the car's VIN is coded into the stereo. It can be changed if you know someone with a Lexia/PP2000 cable and software. If you decide to change the stereo and you're in the Naas area I'd recode it for you. Do not go to a main dealer to recode the stereo, it means plugging the full diagnostic suite into the car and you'll be charged by them accordingly. It would probably be cheaper to get your existing stereo repaired in that case!
    thanks fior your help . that link doesnt work for some reason .

Advertisement