Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Ban

Options
  • 09-03-2014 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭

I was banned with no infractions/warnings after a one sentence post which was not in breach of forum rules. I was banned by the CMod and I Pm'd her apologising for intemperate language (not swearing) and asking for the ban to be lifted which the cmod refused, further accusing me of "wilfully insulting" other people when it is plainly visible that I was doing no such thing.

I'd like to avail of the dispute resolution forum with a view to having this ban lifted.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi catallus,

A Rec CMod will look into this and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi catallus,

Your ban comes off the back of several posts you've made recently directed towards non-religious people, including calling them "godless fiends", "counter-cultural nihilist self-appointed intellectual superiors", making sweeping generalisations about their intentions, and suggesting they be forcibly re-baptised. Add to this other general posts you've made which could be considered borderline trolling ("Where are you pulling this shíte from?" "Goddammit, it's too early in the day to be talking about teen poon!" "Just goes to show why women can't be trusted")

The short ban is an attempt to get you to realise that the manner in which you are posting is not acceptable and to tone down the hyperbole.

Ban upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Maybe a review by an admin might be a good idea: this is becoming very peculiar indeed, now my past posts are being taken out of context to justify this ban?

My point was that I was given no warnings about my posts at all and then bang! Out of nowhere I was banned!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks Penn.
    Apologies for the delay... have been mostly off the site for a couple of weeks.
    catallus wrote: »
    My point was that I was given no warnings about my posts at all and then bang! Out of nowhere I was banned!
    You've had three infractions already this year in A&A for being insulting, proselytising and general trollery.

This ban was neither out of the blue or unwarranted. Ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement