Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacts Not Ready

Options
  • 15-08-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭

I keep getting the message "contacts not ready" on a Nokia C3 when I press green call button short cut for call logs, anyone any advice please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Have you got contacts stored on the memory card or the phone itself? It's possible if your contacts are stored on the memory card, that the card itself is corrupted.

The first thing I would try is to back up all your content on the memory card to your laptop using an SD card adapter. Then put the card back in the phone, go to File Manager, and format the memory card.

To finish then, connect up your phone to your computer in "PC Suite" mode (or Ovi Suite / Nokia Suite, whatever they're calling it nowadays), open Nokia Suite (you can download the latest version here.), and go to "Software Updates", where it will give you the option to re-install the software on your phone.

During this process, you will be given the option to back up all your contacts, calendar, notes, settings, etc, so that when the process finishes, these will all be copied back to your phone. The whole process should take about half an hour and you should be good to go again then.

Advertisement