Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2012 Darts Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,15618_7581262,00.html

You're gonna hear it at the P.L. final.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

H
    Gotya wrote: »
    http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,15618_7581262,00.html

You're gonna hear it at the P.L. final.............
    That's a cringefest :D
    There's more charisma in a bucket of shìte than James Wade,he couldn't be any further out of his comfort zone doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭leoch

taylor always goes of on a rant after the game every week a brilliant player but a dose of sh1t to listen too its obviously the drink talking he is concentrating to hard on not sluring his words and trying to not sound drunk that he forgets what he is talking about simple as

leoch wrote: »
    taylor always goes of on a rant after the game every week a brilliant player but a dose of sh1t to listen too its obviously the drink talking he is concentrating to hard on not sluring his words and trying to not sound drunk that he forgets what he is talking about simple as
    Yea that's if you're lucky enough to drag him away from the bar to get a few words and he hasn't drunkenly assaulted you in the process or cracked you over the head with the whiskey hip flask he keeps on him while he's up on the oche :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭leoch

your probaly right but i mean his rant being interviewed after the games ,,like the week he went on about his personal trainer who was an ex england something bla bla bla in saying that he does seem to be losing weight alright unlkie lewis and wade they are like two round bales:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Andy Hamilton's father passed away earlier on in the week, but he'll still be playing tonight in Nottingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Barney, Taylor, Whitlock and a Lewis/Wade draw for me tonight.

Painter +3.5
    Wade
    Whitlock(I think Gary could be a bit off with the recent passing, and I'd have it marginal apart from that)
    Taylor (Most 180s)

Started sticking in Taylor with the 180s since last week, you get nearly evens and if he can't outscore his opponent there chances are he's struggling(makes no sense that he's 1/9 to win, but 8/11 for the 180s when 3/4s of the game is 20s scoring)
    Id rather back him there than take the usually massive handicap which is still 2/5.

He's nearly had a 9 darter each night too which means two 180s straight off.

Painter +3.5
    Wade
    Whitlock(I think Gary could be a bit off with the recent passing, and I'd have it marginal apart from that)
    Taylor (Most 180s)

Started sticking in Taylor with the 180s since last week, you get nearly evens and if he can't outscore his opponent there chances are he's struggling(makes no sense that he's 1/9 to win, but 8/11 for the 180s when 3/4s of the game is 20s scoring)
    Id rather back him there than take the usually massive handicap which is still 2/5.
    He's nearly had a 9 darter each night too which means two 180s straight off.

Tayor often throws for 19's if he doesn't like the dart in the treble 20 (high in the bed)
    He doesn't need 180s for a 9 darter, 177s,174s,171s ect.. work too.

Raymond van Barneveld - win @4/6
    Adrian Lewis - Draw @9/2
    Simon Whitlock win- @13/10
    Phil Taylor win- @1/9

• Advertisement

Tayor often throws for 19's if he doesn't like the dart in the treble 20 (high in the bed)
    He doesn't need 180s for a 9 darter, 177s,174s,171s ect.. work too.

Thats the same for everyone, but it still represents significantly more value then backing him at 1/9 or 2/5 minus 3.5 legs.
    Its the only market(highest finishing can go anyway) where you get even enough value on Taylor.
    You'd have to imagine if he makes up the handicap that he's leading in the scoring too.

Thats the same for everyone, but it still represents significantly more value then backing him at 1/9 or 2/5 minus 3.5 legs.
    Its the only market(highest finishing can go anyway) where you get even enough value on Taylor.
    You'd have to imagine if he makes up the handicap that he's leading in the scoring too.

Maybe i didn''t make myself very clear, i was saying Taylor often leads on the scoring by hitting 177s ect, if you are betting on him to hit more 180s, he does go down for 19s alot.
    For finding value on Taylor, i don't think that their is any out there!. :(

R.V.B. just had his highest ever 3 dart average (on sky sports), i thought he was going fcuk up in the last leg.
    Good to see him back in form :D

Decent match that to start things off. Painter doing that duck walk was really funny, i thought!!

Lewis broke the floor!!:eek: :D

That was a terrific match! Fair play to Hamilton. Despite the week he's had, he's probably given Taylor the best match he's had in this Premier League!!

The Wizard Vs The Smiler has the makings of a great great match.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Lewis broke the floor!!:eek: :D

What ever would they do without Rod Harrington on there? At the world champs, he knew all about air conditioning units (when there was a breeze on stage) and last night he showed us that he knows all about stage floor boards too. They would be lost without him if he ever left :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

How do we all reckon Gary Anderson will do tomorrow night?
    He's up against Wade first and Hamilton last after 4 losses in a row in recent weeks.

Anderson is odds-on with the bookies tb Hamilton which is madness IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

Tarzann wrote: »
    How do we all reckon Gary Anderson will do tomorrow night?
    He's up against Wade first and Hamilton last after 4 losses in a row in recent weeks.

Anderson is odds-on with the bookies tb Hamilton which is madness IMO.

yeah i agree. he's going through a tough time is ando. the hammer played well last week. i'll give ando a chance against wade , because you never know with wade as he can be really inconsistent at times. after last weeks bust up with lewis (again) he will probably play well. looking forward to phil and barney game tonight.

• Advertisement

11/2 about for R.V.B to beat "the man" tonight, i can't pass on it. Hope it a good game at least. So here's my bet for tonight.

James Wade v Gary Anderson - Draw @ 9/2
    Simon Whitlock v Kevin Painter - Whitlock Win @ 8/15
    Phil Taylor v Raymond van Barneveld - Barneveld Win @ 11/2
    Andy Hamilton v Gary Anderson - Anderson Win @ 4/5

€1 Accumulator - €98.67 (Paddypower).

I kind of hate the way players start having craic with Taylor during the game. They're losing yet it's all smiles and banter. They seem to think 'well i'm not going to win this so i might as well enjoy the experience'. Maybe they're right, but at least take it seriously and give it a proper shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Barney really blew it last nite. Taylor was there for the taking. He just has some kind of mental block against Taylor. He missed 9 darts at a double to break the throw and go level at 4-4 and just coudn't do it. Will he ever beat Taylor again?

Barney really blew it last nite. Taylor was there for the taking. He just has some kind of mental block against Taylor. He missed 9 darts at a double to break the throw and go level at 4-4 and just coudn't do it. Will he ever beat Taylor again?
    I doubt he will no matter how poor Taylor plays.
    It seems Barney just accepted Phil was better.Since then he just rolls over after going a bit behind.

He's also always bigging up Taylor too much.The cringey speeches after some of the bigger games they've had need to stop.
    At one time he was considering retiring just because he couldn't beat one player.
    He's beaten before he goes up there with the attitude he's got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I doubt he will no matter how poor Taylor plays.
    It seems Barney just accepted Phil was better.Since then he just rolls over after going a bit behind.

He's also always bigging up Taylor too much.The cringey speeches after some of the bigger games they've had need to stop.
    At one time he was considering retiring just because he couldn't beat one player.
    He's beaten before he goes up there with the attitude he's got.

ah barney blew so many doubles. hasnt' beaten taylor before in the PL

Some bad darts, so far tonight.

• Advertisement

Anderson straight off the stage after losing!! He hasn't looked happy with his game in a long long time!

Wade and Hamilton the match of the night so far. Six all!!!

Finishes seven all. Taylor and Lewis up next!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

had draw backed woop woop

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Looking forward to this match!.....

• Advertisement

Wade fecks up my accumulator again :(

Wade fecks up my accumulator again :(

I didn't have any bets on, but i predicted the first two correctly and would have had Wade down for the win alright.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I didn't have any bets on, but i predicted the first two correctly and would have had Wade down for the win alright.
    It's always his game that lets me down.
    Have a cheeky little bet on Taylor to win 8-1. :pac:

It's always his game that lets me down.
    Have a cheeky little bet on Taylor to win 8-1. :pac:

I bet it finishes 8-2!!! :D

This is great stuff!!!

It seems that interaction with the crowd has put Taylor off!! Maybe it's just coincidence, but i think it did!!

Massive win for Lewis!! He really did need that!! Brilliant match!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    It seems that interaction with the crowd has put Taylor off!! Maybe it's just coincidence, but i think it did!!
    I think he was feeling the pressure a little before that.If he was comfortable I don't think he even acknowledges the crowd.
    Great match,Lewis put the afterburners on towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Taylor went off the ball halfway there!...Great finish from Lewis.

I think the top four as it is now, will be the final top four!!

• Advertisement

It's in Liverpool next week!! I'd love to go to that one!! The Echo Arena is right beside Jury's Hotel!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

has gary anderson gave any interviews to explain whats wrong with him lately?

sc86 wrote: »
    has gary anderson gave any interviews to explain whats wrong with him lately?
    His father died last month and his brother last year,I'm sure that's having some effect on him.

Tomorrow nights order of play and betting odds (paddy power)

19:10 James Wade (8/15) v Kevin Painter (11/4). Draw- 5/1,

19:50 Phil Taylor (3/10) v Simon Whitlock (9/2). Draw- 6/1,

20:45 Andy Hamilton (2/1) v Raymond van Barneveld (8/11). Draw- 9/2,

21:30 Adrian Lewis(4/7) v Gary Anderson (5/2). Draw- 5/1.

Dare i say, i expect this bet to come up.
    J. Wade- win
    P. Taylor- win
    A. Hamilton- win
    A. Lewis- win.
    (€1 paying €9.40. P.P)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Tomorrow nights order of play and betting odds (paddy power)

19:10 James Wade (8/15) v Kevin Painter (11/4). Draw- 5/1,

19:50 Phil Taylor (3/10) v Simon Whitlock (9/2). Draw- 6/1,

20:45 Andy Hamilton (2/1) v Raymond van Barneveld (8/11). Draw- 9/2,

21:30 Adrian Lewis(4/7) v Gary Anderson (5/2). Draw- 5/1.

Dare i say, i expect this bet to come up.
    J. Wade- win
    P. Taylor- win
    A. Hamilton- win
    A. Lewis- win.
    (€1 paying €9.40. P.P)

I've also picked Wade, Taylor and Lewis. Not going to pick a winner in other game.

In a separate bet I have Lewis (most 180's 4/6),
    Barney (most 180's evs)
    Wade v Painter (over 5.5 180's evs)

sboyle01 wrote: »
    I've also picked Wade, Taylor and Lewis. Not going to pick a winner in other game.
    Same here.If Wade lets me down again........ :mad:
    Barney and Hamilton is about as unpredictable as they come.

sboyle01 wrote: »

In a separate bet I have Lewis (most 180's 4/6),
    Barney (most 180's evs)
    Wade v Painter (over 5.5 180's evs)

Lewis looks a good bet, most 180s. Gary not playing well.

I went for

Taylor, Lewis then Hamilton(+2.5) and Painter(+3.5).... they rarely take beatings though I'd have liked Hamiltons to having been +3.5 as well.

His father died last month and his brother last year,I'm sure that's having some effect on him.

I never knew that about his brother!!

• Advertisement

Brilliant 161 checkout from Whitlock!!!!! :)

Advertisement