Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC T-Shirts??????

Options
  • 26-06-2015 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hay Guys,
    Can anyone recommend a shop in Dublin where I can buy an AC/DC t-shirt for the gig in the aviva on weds night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Shero321 wrote: »
    Hay Guys,
    Can anyone recommend a shop in Dublin where I can buy an AC/DC t-shirt for the gig in the aviva on weds night?

Just wear a cheap shirt to the gig and buy one inside, or from the guys outside for half the price

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shero321

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just wear a cheap shirt to the gig and buy one inside, or from the guys outside for half the price

Thanks for the reply man, but I'm a bit on the wide side ;) and the t's they sell at the concerts only go up to xl and there always smaller fitting than what they say on the tag. Rather get one in a shop, cheers

Thanks for the reply man, but I'm a bit on the wide side ;) and the t's they sell at the concerts only go up to xl and there always smaller fitting than what they say on the tag. Rather get one in a shop, cheers

i think shops would only sell up to XL, if you're lucky you may find the odd 2xl, i'm a 2XL myself and lately have found a lot of merch at gigs include a few 2/3XL

Thanks for that, I'm 2xl myself. Sounds like a plan, I'll pick one up on the way to the gig so. Thanks manðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Thanks for that, I'm 2xl myself. Sounds like a plan, I'll pick one up on the way to the gig so. Thanks manðŸ‘ðŸ¼

I'd pick up an official one inside the gig, the one's outside only normally go to xl and they tend to lose a bit in a wash

• Advertisement

I'd pick up an official one inside the gig, the one's outside only normally go to xl and they tend to lose a bit in a wash

Thanks, but I refuse to buy any official merchandise at a gigs, due to there outrageous priced. €60 - €80 for a t-shirt not a chance man

Thanks, but I refuse to buy any official merchandise at a gigs, due to there outrageous priced. €60 - €80 for a t-shirt not a chance man

60-80? Dunno where you're getting that from but all gigs i've been to recently have been 20-30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Who charges €60 - €80 for a t-shirt?

I'd be the opposite to you in that I would never buy that rubbish being sold outside the venues.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Who charges €60 - €80 for a t-shirt?

I'd be the opposite to you in that I would never buy that rubbish being sold outside the venues.

Last night, I was at kodaline, €55 for a t-shirt €75 for a hoodie. Monday night, I was at ZZ Top in cork, €50 t-shirt & my mate was at the who on Tuesday night, €60 for a t-shirt f##king rip off man

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

There's a shop on the top floor of Stephens Green SC should have them. No idea how much they are though.

• Advertisement

Last night, I was at kodaline, €55 for a t-shirt €75 for a hoodie. Monday night, I was at ZZ Top in cork, €50 t-shirt & my mate was at the who on Tuesday night, €60 for a t-shirt f##king rip off man

I don't believe that, 30quid tops for a t-shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I was at the Who anyway it certainly wasn't €60 as he says twas 25 or 30 a shirt

I take it you don't go to concerts so!

I take it you don't go to concerts so!

been to the odd 1 or 2

been to the odd 1 or 2

Kylie or the back street boys, don't dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

Hay Guys,

Believe it or not , Dunnes - yes you read that right , DUNNES - had decent AC/DC "Highway To Hell Tour 79" t shirts recently for €12 ... up to size XXL

RayCon wrote: »
    Believe it or not , Dunnes - yes you read that right , DUNNES - had decent AC/DC "Highway To Hell Tour 79" t shirts recently for €12 ... up to size XXL

Really!! How recently was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

Yeah I seen the Dunnes t-shirts about a week ago, no bad either for Dunnes. Penneys were doing some too...

Yeah I seen the Dunnes t-shirts about a week ago, no bad either for Dunnes. Penneys were doing some too...

Cheers man, I'll check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Are Penneys in Dublin doing them? They did have Nirvana and Black Sabbath shirts at one stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

As Scudzilla says, you won't pay more then €30 for a t-shirt at a gig. Got one in Dunnes myself a few weeks back for €15, tis grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

At Glasgow, AC/DC t-shirts were £25 and went up to 2XL. I'd imagine (and hope!) that will translate to €30 here. The max I've seen standard tour t-shirts and the like for sale at here is €35 (I think). I dunno where you're getting €50-60 t-shirts from, I'd start listening to other bands if someone was trying to charge me that much for a shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Dunnes and Pennys seem to have a few, especially in women's department anyway. So I'd assume the mens have similar.

€60 for a tshirt?? :eek: I hope sweat cleans that shirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

€30 is still a rip off for a tshirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Anyone interested in a brand new, unworn one shown in this link, Amplified AC/DC Logo Men's T-Shirt (L) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00K5RUNVY/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_8ZTKvbJW6QSRZ

Pm me.

Only received today, took out of packaging but it's a little too tight for my liking.

Must be available to collect this evening or tomorrow morning in the Naas or South Dublin area.

Face value, €35

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

At ZZ Top in Cork 22nd June, t shirts were €30 and hoodies were €50. Trucker caps were 30 euros. Earplugs were €1.

At The Who in Dublin 23rd June, the prices were €30 for short sleeve t shirts and a long sleeve Pinball Wizard t shirt was €35.

Hoodies were €60.
    Tracksuit type zipped tops were €60.

Other t shirts on sale at The Who were:

Thicker material shirt with collar (polo type t shirt) €40.
    Girls Skinny €30.
    Kids Tee €20.

Other items on sale included:

Baseball cap €25.
    Beanie hat €25.
    Zak Starkey drumsticks €20.
    Scarf €30.
    Tote Bags €20.
    Onesie €20.
    Mugs €10.
    Tea towel €15.
    Programme €20.
    Download of the show €30.

The Last Internationale t shirts were €30 while their cds were €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭yknaa

Some images on the interweb of the merch stands in Germany and I think it is €35 a pop for a shirt. Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

€35 in Lansdowne tonight as well (which at current exchange rates means they're slightly cheaper here than in the UK, in fairness. Still though....)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭yknaa

blastman wrote: »
    €35 in Lansdowne tonight as well (which at current exchange rates means they're slightly cheaper here than in the UK, in fairness. Still though....)

Yup. Being a tightwad I didn't bother getting one. The back of the 'event' shirt was very cool though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement