Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Child Stars

• 07-09-2012 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭

Just came across this and for many reasons I think it is disgusting

A star is unborn: Baby signed up by talent spotters while still in the womb

We've seen how difficult it can be for many former child actors to have a normal life, in many cases it is messed up with drugs etc before they reach their mid teens.

“He was pretty much cast for Mrs Biggs before he was born. Everyone loved him on set and he was really well behaved.”

Jess Bell of Scream Management, said: “Both Elvis and Alana are very talented.”

Very talented? This shows how delusional the people working in the agency are.

So would you get your child working before they are even born? I wouldn't and consider this a form a child abuse.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

lucky bastards, my kids were making nike runners in the womb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

They named the child Elvis.
    That's also child abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Jess Bell of Scream Management, said: “Both Elvis and Alana are very talented.

What can an 11 month old child be talented at? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Schism wrote: »
    What can an 11 month old child be talented at? :confused:

Pooping!

Trust me! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

another one bites the dust..
    Actress Amanda Bynes could be facing jail after she was charged in connection with two alleged hit-and-run accidents.

The star, who shot to fame on the Nickelodeon show All That and has also appeared in films such as What A Girl Wants and Hairspray, could be given a one year sentence - six months for each count - or fined.

http://news.sky.com/story/981656/amanda-bynes-charged-over-hit-and-run-claims

is there any child star who hasn't gone off the rails at one point or another though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

hoodwinked wrote: »

is there any child star who hasn't gone off the rails at one point or another though?

Probably not, the fame and the money and lack of real parenting seems to (understandably) send them off the rails.

What I really can't understand is why any parent would actively pursue this for their child, especially when the child has no talent (because they are too young) and especially before they are born.

Money grabbing parents who see children as cash cows. The agents should be ashamed of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Boombastic wrote: »

Money grabbing parents who see children as cash cows. The agents should be ashamed of themselves.
    But he was signed after parents Andy, 34, and Shelley, 35, sent a pregnancy scan to Scream Management Agency.
    :eek:
    the parents should be ashamed of themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I used to host a chat show while I was still in the womb.

It was called "Cervix As Usual"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Biggins wrote: »
    Pooping!

Trust me! :pac:

Pfft, I can do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

hoodwinked wrote: »

Joseph Gordon Levitt is the only person I can think of right now but I'm sure there are a few more.
    Two hit and runs? Did she think she was playing GTA? One is an accident. Two takes effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

Elijah Wood has done well for himself too and didn't go off the rails.

Also for anyone intersted in what happened to the Mighty Ducks! :

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/where-are-they-now-the-mighty-ducks

Advertisement