Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sennheiser PX100 II White

Options
  • 02-08-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

HMV missprice today @€;24.99 instead of €44.99. Their mistake and so they had to honour it.:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Pretty good deal indeed!

For the record though, they didn't "have to honour it" - it was an invitation to treat, which they do not legally have to honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Not a bargain alert IMO and not a correct recollection of the law

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Brillant headphones ,i got them in black, 3 years ago , paid €65 for them then, recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Your lucky, they didn't have to honour it, invitation to treat and all that..
    Well done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

snappieT wrote: »
    Pretty good deal indeed!

For the record though, they didn't "have to honour it" - it was an invitation to treat, which they do not legally have to honour.

explain that one to me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Invitation to treat = they are making you the offer of buying their product, and they can withdraw that offer or reject yours if they want. They probably let you buy them for customer satisfaction reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

I thought that they had to honour it from a Consumer Affairs point of view, similar if you like to a written estimate.
    Also from a Customer satisfaction point of view, it may have been a genuine mistake/human error, but it surely would be bad business to refuse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

textmining-worms-copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Tinie wrote: »
    textmining-worms-copy.jpg

^^^^

How much are these?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

mags1962 wrote: »
    I thought that they had to honour it from a Consumer Affairs point of view, similar if you like to a written estimate.
    Also from a Customer satisfaction point of view, it may have been a genuine mistake/human error, but it surely would be bad business to refuse.

Common mistake. If a retailer misprices an item, they do not have to sell at that price. However most companies will honour the price rather than annoy a customer / risk bad publicity but just to reiterate, there is no legal obligation to sell at the incorrectly marked price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Rael wrote: »
    Common mistake. If a retailer misprices an item, they do not have to sell at that price. However most companies will honour the price rather than annoy a customer / risk bad publicity but just to reiterate, there is no legal obligation to sell at the incorrectly marked price.

Correct...mostly. Unless the offer is a unilateral offer (1st come 1st served etc) - in which case incorrectly marked/printed ads etc may be legally enforceable if acceptance occurred prior to the mistake being changed. Generally however, prices displayed are merely invitations to treat - theoretically you can stand in the line in Dunnes, hold up a bag of peas marked E1 and offer them 50c instead (and do that with every item). Management might not allow you back in the store though :D

Also from a regulatory standpoint - once off pricing mistakes are fine (to err is human...) but if it becomes a habit then incorrect "mistakes" can lead to the ire of advertising regulators (NSAI/NCA) or you can take an action under the Consumer Protection Act 2007.

Obviously for small matters it's not an issue - common sense applies! Don't get us lawyers involved unless you have to ;)

Though my sig says it already - the above is most definitely not legal advice ;)

chris1970 wrote: »
    Brillant headphones ,i got them in black, 3 years ago , paid €65 for them then, recommended

Very nice headphones indeed but I'm on my 3rd pair now, the left driver packed in on my previous two pairs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Karsini wrote: »
    Very nice headphones indeed but I'm on my 3rd pair now, the left driver packed in on my previous two pairs. :(

Yeah I'm on my 4th pair of Sennheiser's now.. Would highly recommend them but I don't think I've ever had a pair that lasted over a year. One ear always seems to go after about 6-8months. Still though, for under 30e they're brilliant value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

14 posts and no one asked which HMV Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Karsini wrote: »
    blue-army wrote: »
    Yeah I'm on my 4th pair of Sennheiser's now.. Would highly recommend them but I don't think I've ever had a pair that lasted over a year. One ear always seems to go after about 6-8months. Still though, for under 30e they're brilliant value.

Maybe its just me, but am i missing something with the above posts? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

14 posts and no one asked which HMV Store.

It was a game we were all playing, and now that you've asked, you're out!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

dodzy wrote: »
    Maybe its just me, but am i missing something with the above posts? :rolleyes:

All Sennheiser headphones come with a 2 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I`ve had a pair of PX100 for about 5 years I think and they still work flawlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Liffey Valley they had loads

Advertisement