Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouth Watering Live 8

Options
  • 01-07-2005 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

What a line up. The bars around should lash this on the big screens for the day.
    1. Paul McCartney/U2: Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    2. U2: One
    3. Coldplay: In My Place, Fix You, Bitter Sweet Symphony (duet with Richard Ashcroft)
    4. Elton John: Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting, The Bitch Is Back, Children Of The Revolution (duet with Pete Doherty)
    5. Dido: Life For Rent, White Flag, Thank You
    6. Stereophonics: [TBC]
    7. REM: The One I Love, Losing My Religion, Imitation Of Life, Everybody Hurts
    8. Ms Dynamite: Dy-namitee, Judgement Day, Redemption Song
    9. Keane: Everybody's Changing, Somewhere Only We Know
    10. Travis: Sing, Turn, Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
    11. Annie Lennox: Walking On Broken Glass, Sweet Dreams
    12. UB40: Food For Thought, Red Red Wine
    13. Snoop Dogg: [TBC]
    14. Razorlight:
    Somewhere Else, Golden Touch, Vice
    15. Madonna: Like A Prayer, Music, Ray Of Light
    16. Snow Patrol: Chocolate, Run
    17. Joss Stone: I Had A Dream, Super Duper Love
    18. Scissor Sisters: Laura, Take Your Mama
    19. Velvet Revolver: [TBC]
    20. The Killers: [TBC]
    21. Sting: Every Breath You Take - to include the lyric "We'll Be Watching You", Message In A Bottle
    22. Mariah Carey: Vision Of Love, Make It Happen
    23. Robbie Williams: Let Me Entertain You, Rock DJ, Feel, We Will Rock You
    24. The Who: Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O'Riley
    25. Pink Floyd: Money, Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here
    26. Paul McCartney: The Long and Winding Road
    27. Grand finale: All the stars will join Sir Paul on stage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Mouth watering being the right word as there is no beer for sale or allowed into Live 8. No doubt there will be plenty stoned for Pink Floyd.

Beer garden with big screen will do me!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

/me wonders why no punk bands are playing this. It being a politically motivated event and all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 My Name IsJonas

dregin wrote:
    /me wonders why no punk bands are playing this. It being a politically motivated event and all....

they don't sell enough? / bob didn't ask them.

why are Razorlight playing and why aren't Madonna and Mariah Carey playing songs that people hate, but actually know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

they don't sell enough? / bob didn't ask them.

why are Razorlight playing and why aren't Madonna and Mariah Carey playing songs that people hate, but actually know.

Why is Mariah Carey even there at all...
    Those skinny kids in Ethiopia, they just don't know how lucky they are. I am really dying to lose weight.

She's Shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 My Name IsJonas

fade2black wrote:
    Why is Mariah Carey even there at all...

token black artist

she's black. didn't you know?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

token black artist

she's black. didn't you know?

I thought she was just well tanned. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

U2 only doing one number? One?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Shamrok wrote:
    U2 only doing one number? One?

They have to then catch a plane to get to Vienna, or somewhere similar, for that nights part of thier own tour. But they are going to join Sir Paul for the first track too by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

amazing line up. id say it will be unforgettable. would love to see u2 live again in such a short space of time - ah well. tv will suffice, or hopefully the big screen at the elton john rds gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

pink floyd and the who are the only really draw, will probably see all the other decent bands at some stage and its riddled with standard pop artists that just want to show there faces at a charity gig to look good.

still it'll be better than the usual **** on tv on saturday

• Advertisement
Advertisement