Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threading hornet and which mod??

Options
  • 22-02-2015 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I want to fit a mod to my .22 hornet. Which one would be the best?

Also I need to get it threaded.. Where is the best place to get it done. I'm in limerick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rookman

adriank81 wrote: »
    I want to fit a mod to my .22 hornet. Which one would be the best?

Also I need to get it threaded.. Where is the best place to get it done. I'm in limerick

I used to have a hornet great little fox rifle with the 35gr vmax rounds.I never used mod on mine but try wildcat/predator mods.Your local gunshop should be able to put you in contact with someone or get it done for you.
    I hope this helps-best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Having had a hornet I wonder if it's a worthwhile expense. It's a quiet and little recoil round for a supersonic caliber as it is and no moderator will get rid of the sound of a bullet breaking the sound barrier.

I used mine to hunt foxes and rabbits in fairly built up areas and never any issues with noise.

If you're going to be shooting it in close proximity of horses or other easily spooked livestock I'd say go for it but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Advertisement